Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wet Foot

Ok, so here I am in Houston and the wife calls to say that there's been a few thunderstorms in the UK and 'our' IS200 SportNav has dripped what she believes was water on her right foot. Not too sure if I can do anything about it from here, but anyone got any ideas? Her foot was on the accelerator pedal at the time (flat to the floor probably in her normal driving style :D ).

Says it wasn't raining at the time but had been, and fairly heavy, earlier in the day. :huh:

Ok, so here I am in Houston and the wife calls to say that there's been a few thunderstorms in the UK and 'our' IS200 SportNav has dripped what she believes was water on her right foot. Not too sure if I can do anything about it from here, but anyone got any ideas? Her foot was on the accelerator pedal at the time (flat to the floor probably in her normal driving style :D ).

Says it wasn't raining at the time but had been, and fairly heavy, earlier in the day. :huh:

Not quite sure , but a guy at work had a similar problem a few years ago in a Peugeot, turned out to be the heater matrix (somewhere behind the dash) that was leaking !

Because it got so humid when the storms came about is it possible it was just condensation in the ventilation system that dripped out of the foot vent? Or was it too much water for that?

Because it got so humid when the storms came about is it possible it was just condensation in the ventilation system that dripped out of the foot vent? Or was it too much water for that?

Could be..she just said it was a couple of drops, but I don't know how long after the storm she drove it so cannot ascertain whether it's continuously dripping or not. I always keep the drainage system clear of the usual leaves and stuff so I don't think it's overflowed, or even if that's possible. Never had a problem before, but I rarely drive it with bare feet or open sandals! Hope it's not the heating rad leaking :crybaby:

Heater matrix is behind the centre console so unless yours is lhd it wont be that.

Have you had the windscreen replaced at some point?? i ask because the water seems to collect on the RH side and then burn out the fuse block in the rh footwell and to replace is ££££££££££

Heater matrix is behind the centre console so unless yours is lhd it wont be that.

Have you had the windscreen replaced at some point?? i ask because the water seems to collect on the RH side and then burn out the fuse block in the rh footwell and to replace is ££££££££££

The windscreen was changed out a couple of years ago for an OEM replacement (stone chip that couldn't be repaired). what's the significance? The screen is sealed OK, the only complaint I had at the time was the Autoglass cowboy managed to slash the cloth on the pillars when he removed the original screen.

the significance is that the screen may not be sealed properly and water has leaked inside - very possible as u mention it had been raining beforehand.

Also as quite a few people have found on here to great expense it has meant the replacement of the fuse box.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links