Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Failed Mot

just had my MOT and its failed booooo

actually pleasantly quite pleased its only failed on one rear tyre!

gargage has quoted me £92 + Vat for one goodyear tyre, does that sound acceptable?

just looking on net for tyres am i right in saying standard is wheen is 215/45/R17

I really fail to understand how anyone can allow their car to fail an MOT due to a worn tyre. Tyres are something that should be checked on a weekly basis and should never be allowed to get to the point where they are illegal :blink:

I really fail to understand how anyone can allow their car to fail an MOT due to a worn tyre. Tyres are something that should be checked on a weekly basis and should never be allowed to get to the point where they are illegal :blink:

I have to say I tend to agree with Mr Morse. I was told by my local garage a while back that a car came in for an MOT with one headlight out, don’t people do simple checks before they take it in. They apparently did replace the bulb and pass it for the customer although they were not obliged to do this.

your balljoints obvously passed then?

i remember you say that they could fail as you thought they were making a knocking sound

indeed they did but ive booked it in for a servce next week and asked them to check it out. they have put spare on for now so it passes and ill get a new tyre this week.

all in all a happy man :hehe: