Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is Safety Recall

Just got my recall notice for the IS220d to fix the seat belt retraction problems.

Wondering if we'll get a free iPod Nano like our American cousins did for their first IS250 AWD safety recall.

Just got my recall notice for the IS220d to fix the seat belt retraction problems.

Wondering if we'll get a free iPod Nano like our American cousins did for their first IS250 AWD safety recall.

I got mine this morning as well even though I had already been told that mine wasn’t included.

I got mine this morning as well even though I had already been told that mine wasn’t included.

Could be because they are also upgrading the Sat Nav Disk at the same time.

Why would they need to upgrade it? Is there a problem with it?

Got mine this morning, but as I'm in the USA it'll have to wait until I get back. Want it for two hours apparently. Must say I haven't had any problems with the belts.

Did it come Recorded Delivery because a card has been left for me stating that as I wasn't able to sign for a letter I have to go and pick it up from the sorting office? Just wondering if I should toddle down there and pick whatever it is up.

I have a recorded delivery letter that I wasn't expecting which I need to collect.

I assume its for this.

I have already had my seatbelt replaced.

Hopefully were getting rid of some nanny features, not adding new ones.

I also have a few other things i need looking at.

I got mine by recorded delivery. The letter says it will take two hours to do the work but doesn't mention anything about the Sat Nav, even though I have the MM option. Does anyone know what the problem with the Sat Nav is and why it needs updating?

I will get mine done at the same time I get the paintwork sorted. In the meantime I will extend the seatbelt very slowly when using! Just out of interest the seatbelt has only ever locked up on me once so I am glad to get it sorted.

There was no mention of an iPod in my letter :angry: We Brits get the :tsktsk: end of the stick every time!

I got mine by recorded delivery. The letter says it will take two hours to do the work but doesn't mention anything about the Sat Nav, even though I have the MM option. Does anyone know what the problem with the Sat Nav is and why it needs updating?

I will get mine done at the same time I get the paintwork sorted. In the meantime I will extend the seatbelt very slowly when using! Just out of interest the seatbelt has only ever locked up on me once so I am glad to get it sorted.

There was no mention of an iPod in my letter :angry: We Brits get the :tsktsk: end of the stick every time!

Same here, just the seat belts. I would be interested in the Sat Nav update although the coverage is vast lots of detail is missing outside towns and cities.

I will get mine done at the same time I get the paintwork sorted.

What's up with the paintwork ? Reason that I ask is that I had mine professionally valeted the other day and they reckoned my car hadn't been "electrostatically discharged" when it left the factory paint shop and this is why dust just sticks to it.

I've noticed that it's nigh on impossible to polish/wax and get rid of the dust and they also had a very hard time polishing and waxing it, taking them twice as long as usual.

Haven't spoken to Lexus as I was going to get them to look at it when it goes in.

Anyone else having problems with dust sticking to the car after a wax ? Clearly, Jamboo is okay :)

Why would they need to upgrade it? Is there a problem with it?

The letter said this about the sat nav:-

"Whilst we are carrying out replacement of the seat belts we will also install a revised Satellie Navigation disc to your vehicle. This revised programme will prevent any potential disruption to the system when using the way point facility, either through disruption of the Traffic Information System or general speed of response for the map"

Haven't got a clue what the way point facility is, anyone any ideas??

Got mine also, recorded delivery, just seat belts. Haven't had any problems with them, but then I or my passengers never yank the belts hard or quickly when buckling up.

No mention about Sat Nav upgrades, but would be useful to add new roads built over the last 12 months and update POI addresses, plus full Post Codes.

I haven't received a notice yet :(

The International GPS Global Positioning System Waypoint Registry is an ongoing project to build a worldwide database of GPS coordinates. The site includes data for Points of Interest ranging from the legendary King Arthur's Grave and Kuala Lumpur International Airport to Cici's pizza shop in Dallas and the McDonald's restaurant in Alphaville, Brazil. You are encouraged to add your own contributions from your travels around the world.

Got mine yesterday (Recorded Delivery) - And mines a GS !!

Just the seatbelts - 2hrs to do. Mine have never given me any probs !!

Oh well. best get it done I spose

The Ed

Does this mean they fit our dangerous, but technically advanced seatbelts from the IS into the GS :D :D You'll be getting our cast-off out of date sat-nav disks next :D

Got my letter today. I would have thought that these letters would be generated from a central point - strange that there seems to be variances. Mine says that it will take 3 hours to fit.

I have had the seatbelt problem on only one occasion last year so suspected a re-call but the inconvenience of taking it in between services does not appeal - dare I wait until the next service is due?

I do not understand the reason behind a new satnav DVD either, just hope it has some more up-to-date roads and... would it be asking too much for some supression of nanny features.

I will get mine done at the same time I get the paintwork sorted.

What's up with the paintwork ?

Some :tsktsk: keyed four panels on my car and the whole side of the car needs a respray. :o

Anyway the car has now done over 9000 miles so hopefully I can get it serviced, resprayed and have the seatbelt all done at the same time. At least it only means going in once rather than on three separate occasions which would be a real pain in the @ss.

What's up with the paintwork ?

Some :tsktsk: keyed four panels on my car and the whole side of the car needs a respray. :o

Anyway the car has now done over 9000 miles so hopefully I can get it serviced, resprayed and have the seatbelt all done at the same time. At least it only means going in once rather than on three separate occasions which would be a real pain in the @ss.

Bas :tsktsk: ds, sorry to hear about that. Hope it all gets sorted, it's horrible when your pride and joy is damaged. I've got stone chips which I'm agonising over at the moment. Not the same league as yours, but I hate to see those white specs when I've polished the car - I seem to aquire one a week. Good luck with the respray.

Had my letter this morning... Just got to decide whether to take it to Wolverhampton or Birmingham.

Does anybody know, have Lexus Birmingham moved to their new site yet, or are they still at Sutton Coldfield?