Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power Steering Help

altezzawill

hi every1!

yesterday i removed my power steering pump and replaced all the seals in it because my main seal was woren and had started to let fluid weep out at the pulley! i used toyta parts and it was a pretty easy job to do my only problem is that ever since my steering has gotten heavy at idle! but if i rev the car to 2000rpm the steering is as light as can be! wat can i do? is there air in my system? will it self bleed?

well i dont want to spend needless money! i'll try bleedin some more an see wat happens! tanks dude

how much for your pump just out of curiousity

£40...but id have a go at bleeding it , first

Edited by Monster-Mat

40 pounds in bout 2million euros so i'll definatly be bleedin it

Actually it's only €58.5 euro, which is cheap.... :)

One thing that you will notice when you're on this forum for a while is that, Monster Mat is a generous person who is quick to help out and never seems to try and make any profit on ANY thing he is selling......

which is a rare quality these days, so if he says £40 pound ... take it :winky:

i think mite be needing that pump mat!

my steering is still heavy even after bleeding it! im going to take mine off and split it agen for examination! and i'll let u know then!

Thank noel but i was only joking at how worthless euros ar in compaison to sterling! what part of irenald are u from?

Thank noel but i was only joking at how worthless euros ar in compaison to sterling! what part of irenald are u from?

Look at my Avatar, under location!! :P

Which county are you in? :)

i just after removeing my pump and spliting it to have a look!

im going to need a new 1! last time i only took apart the parts i need out to get at the seals but this time i took every thing apart an i noticed some score marks! its over heated probably when i ran low on fluid before i had noticed the leaky seal