Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200tt Soon Back In Business...

I FINALLY GOT MY BABY BACK HOME!!!! :yahoo:

I went to the garage, and drove my baby back home, for the first time in over a year!

OK, I have to admit, that everything still isn't the way they should be, but at least she's operational enough so I could take her for a drive. I'll post more details later, but now I'm just concentrating on partying! :lol:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, still having some trouble with the CEL/DTC's. I bought myself an OBD-II -reader, and the code given was P0125, to which one possible cause is malfunctioning/broken lambda-sensor. There are a few other clues also pointing at that direction. Will get back when I get it sorted.

Other than that, I've done some odd 300km of driving-in. Some 200km more, and then time to change oils. So far I've kept myself from not boosting her at all. After 500km and new oils, I'll start boosting to prolly some 0.5bar. Eventually I'm going for 1.2-1.5bar, and see what I've got... :shifty: Hopefully not another blown engine! :yawn::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Now the CEL problem is sorted. It was caused by one of the two primary lambda sensors, as it was broken.

I've done some odd 500kms of running her in, and I've also started to boost her a little. Even though I've so far gone only for some 0.3-0.4 bar, she seems to pull willingly. B) Now some more driving and fine tuning the mapping, and then UP GOES THE BOOST! :driving:

great mate would be nice to see what power you get at 1.2bar

what ecu are you running and are you still running the standard injecters

with the extra 1 attached

At first I have to map the car to put out "only" 250hp, because of the legality issues here in Finland. The car cannot have more than +20% power than the most powerful model within the same model-series (in this case it's the IS300). But after MOT I'll up the boost... :winky:

My two turbos are relatively small and they are rated only ~180hp each, so at least in theory I wont be able to achieve more than 360hp. But let's see how it turns out in practice... :whistling:

I'm still running std ECU and injectors. In addition I have eManage Ultimate piggy-back and one 1000cc sub-injector. After the MOT I'm also planning to upgrade the main injectors to bigger ones.

@Daza

At what rpm does you car begin to pull/spool, and do you have to go WOT to get it to spool? What boost do you run and what the power output, if you don't mind me asking...? :tomato:

Mate pls upgrade your injectors!! :o

To add an extra injector can help but it isn't the best solution.... some cylinders can get more and some can get less fuel, so overheat can be effected in single cylinders and you wouldn't notice on your ex.temp.gauge. :o

I think it would be OK for those 0.5-0.6bar, but when you plan to reach 1.2bar,

do us a favour and go for bigger injectors to replace the extra one. :winky:

Mate pls upgrade your injectors!! :o

To add an extra injector can help but it isn't the best solution.... some cylinders can get more and some can get less fuel, so overheat can be effected in single cylinders and you wouldn't notice on your ex.temp.gauge. :o

That's true and noted. As I mentioned above, I'm going to upgrade the main injectors after MOT. I've deliberately left all the things that can have effect on the emissions undone before MOT, for example the injectors, as they may cause the car to idle poorly, etc. My main concern atmo is to get the car through the MOT, and it's highly dependent of the emissions.

I think it would be OK for those 0.5-0.6bar, but when you plan to reach 1.2bar,

do us a favour and go for bigger injectors to replace the extra one. :winky:

Now on "low" boost (~0.5bar) I'm way over fueled, so no need for bigger injectors yet. Injectors aren't even near the 95-100% duty cycle. But I'm going for bigger I/J's later on, don't worry... :winky:

great mate would be nice to see what power you get at 1.2bar

what ecu are you running and are you still running the standard injecters

with the extra 1 attached

At first I have to map the car to put out "only" 250hp, because of the legality issues here in Finland. The car cannot have more than +20% power than the most powerful model within the same model-series (in this case it's the IS300). But after MOT I'll up the boost... :winky:

My two turbos are relatively small and they are rated only ~180hp each, so at least in theory I wont be able to achieve more than 360hp. But let's see how it turns out in practice... :whistling:

I'm still running std ECU and injectors. In addition I have eManage Ultimate piggy-back and one 1000cc sub-injector. After the MOT I'm also planning to upgrade the main injectors to bigger ones.

@Daza

At what rpm does you car begin to pull/spool, and do you have to go WOT to get it to spool? What boost do you run and what the power output, if you don't mind me asking...? :tomato:

about 3200 revs start to spool can get 1.4 bar in colder weather average 1,3 bar

realy smooth and kicks back

• 6 months later...

Hello Gentlemen!

It's been quite awhile since I've been here... :blush:

There's been so much other stufff going on, that I haven't had the time to get my baby running, but now I finally had time to do something to my car!

So I finally got her tuned on a rolling road and dynoed after the engine rebuild. And I sure can't be disappointed! :whistling:

I like to point out, that I've still wanted to keep her with as little mods and as close to standard as possible, as I still have the MOT to go to. Her being as close to original, keeps also the emissions as close original, which is kind of the key-point for me getting her MOT'ted.

So before the dyno sheet, here are the vital statistics:

NO programmable stand-alone ECU (still std ECU with piggy-back)

NO injector change (std I/J's with one sub I/J)

NO fuel system upgrade (such as return line and pressure regulator)

NO de-catting (all cats still in place, backbox changed but std middle pipe)

NO additional valve timing (such as Camcon, Greddy V-Manage)

So almost every part I could have had changed to extract even more power, are still standard. Because I'm still running std ecu (with a piggy-back) and std I/J's I couldn't get enough fuel, so I was forced to stay in relatively low boost, only 0.6bar.

So here it is: 306hp and 393Nm @ only 0.6bar!!!.

Lexus_dyno_228kW.jpg

After I get the car MOT'ted, I'm going for most of the mods listed above. Let's see what we get then... :whistling:

Wow :o

Impressive stuff, that's awesome with the standard kit, it's going to be really interesting to see how much more you get out of the car with those extra bits!

Good luck with the MOT :)

Thanks fellows! :) I'm quite happy myself as well.

The "flat spot" between 1700-2600 rpm was due to the lack of fuel at that point. The std ECU operates in closed-loop until ~0.2-0.3bar, so no use trying to adjust fuelling there. And because there's not enough fuel -> there's not enough heat -> the turbos won't spool... That's until the switch to open-loop. Changes made with eManage won't have any effect until that point. But while in the open-loop and eManage assisted fuelling, she pulls like a f***er! :D

Hi Sami, ive been waiting for your return :) Might pop u with a PM some day if u dont mind ?

Car looks great, but im still wondering how the hell u gonna pass MOT...

Good luck with it, some pics from the engine bay would be great also.

Sami,

Car's looking sweet. Nice figures you're getting from the dyno. Kinda makes up from all the crap you had at the start. As for the MOT, is there any way the ECU can be temporarily be remapped to limit the power or is that not possible?

Keith

As for the MOT, is there any way the ECU can be temporarily be remapped to limit the power or is that not possible?

Keith

Of course, like he said before. Its just not that easy to put a 2 turbos into IS 200 in Finland, but now it seems possible :shifty:

WOW!

Holy Cow..... that's indeed impressive!!

Are you going to come to JAE? :whistling:

I think I can't make it to JAE, as my vacation is not until August... :unsure:

Hi Sami, ive been waiting for your return :) Might pop u with a PM some day if u dont mind ?

Car looks great, but im still wondering how the hell u gonna pass MOT...

Good luck with it, some pics from the engine bay would be great also.

Feel free to PM if you will. MOT should be doable, but it won't come cheap... There should be some pictures somewhere here already, do a search.