Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All,

I have a GS MK II and wondered whether anyone could advise me.

Over the past couple of months I noticed a noise from one of my exhausts, after inspection it I found that one of my exhaust heat shields had come off the bolts, other than the noise it made I didn't think it would be problem and thought I would fix it once I needed a new exhaust maybe next year as it doesn't yet need replacing. However, last night I was driving on the M11 and the heat shield dropped off. Now I'm a little concerned :unsure: .

Can anyone tell me whether I should get it replaced or leave it as it is without the heat shield??

Any advise greatly appreciated.

Mine have rattled like mad since I got the car. They go quiet when warm so I have just let them be. No doubt they will fall off next week like one of my silencers did.

That's interesting, mine make a 'racket' when I start up first thing in the morning and I thought it was the CAT going or loose baffles in a silencer.

No noise though when warmed up but a lot of metallic clicking noise after a relatively short run into work presumably as the metal cools down and contracts.

I am just waiting for the exhaust to go so that I can get a freer flowing one with some rorty back boxes.