Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ground Hog Day For Dash Rattle

Well it had to happen!!! our new lexus has now developed the dash and b pillar rattle. The dealer checked it today and agreed that its the dash out job. I really thought that Lexus Japan had had this sorted but no one seems to know if any action has been taken out there at all. I cannot see lexus on this form being anywhere near the top of the JD POwer survey next year! My only comfort is that the last rattle was cured and did not cause(so far) any other problems

I feel that all of us should now make a complaint to LExus GB directly so that real action can ben taken in Japan to sort this out so other buyers dont have to go to the trouble that we have had to to get what we paid for..and a long term promise that if the dash removal causes problems in the dash area in the long term we will be covered and compensated

alan

Well it had to happen!!! our new lexus has now developed the dash and b pillar rattle. The dealer checked it today and agreed that its the dash out job. I really thought that Lexus Japan had had this sorted but no one seems to know if any action has been taken out there at all. I cannot see lexus on this form being anywhere near the top of the JD POwer survey next year! My only comfort is that the last rattle was cured and did not cause(so far) any other problems

I feel that all of us should now make a complaint to LExus GB directly so that real action can ben taken in Japan to sort this out so other buyers dont have to go to the trouble that we have had to to get what we paid for..and a long term promise that if the dash removal causes problems in the dash area in the long term we will be covered and compensated

alan

Hmmm, how many miles have you completed? My SE-L auto was delivered on 23rd December so it was one of the originals, and apart from one freezing cold morning when I had a high frequency rattle from around the central speaker for less than 20 minutes the car's been as quiet as a mouse inside. So quiet that I made rather a song and dance about the wind noise from the doors (now sorted).

Got car back today dash rattle only slighly better is spite of the dash out routine Now the rattle seems to come from AV screen display area Like a tapping sound on and off..not temp sensitive Anyone had the same sort of rattle yet.

B pillar buzz on passenger side still there

And no response form LExus GB..surprise surprise

I reakon its time to dump both cars much the pity as they are great to drive just hell to live with unless you have lots of time to spend at the dealers,writing letters and running up phone bills! And I thought buying and driving new cars was meant to be a treat esp when they cost 30k or more!!

alan

Feel it for you Alan. I had an assurance in January!! The cars are good, but when it starts to get under your skin you want to dump them, and I see your point.

Mine has a small intermittent B post buzz from both sides now. Even though I've advised on getting these things reported immediately, I can't be arsked!! It'll wait until first service.

The main problem is that I'm now expecting the seat to creak, the belts to jam, the Satnav screen to start tapping!!!!

In the meantime, I would suggest you speak to your DP, make an appointment and go and see him. be very firm but totally polite. Human nature normally wins over. It will be worth it.

As Abbie said to me, breath, count to 10 and relax!!

I have learned another good lesson - never buy a new model in the first year of manufacture. You pay top dollar, but you never know what you're gonna get!! It's a like a box of Chocolates (As forest Gump will tell you about life)!!!

Feel it for you Alan. I had an assurance in January!! The cars are good, but when it starts to get under your skin you want to dump them, and I see your point.

Mine has a small intermittent B post buzz from both sides now. Even though I've advised on getting these things reported immediately, I can't be arsked!! It'll wait until first service.

The main problem is that I'm now expecting the seat to creak, the belts to jam, the Satnav screen to start tapping!!!!

In the meantime, I would suggest you speak to your DP, make an appointment and go and see him. be very firm but totally polite. Human nature normally wins over. It will be worth it.

As Abbie said to me, breath, count to 10 and relax!!

I have learned another good lesson - never buy a new model in the first year of manufacture. You pay top dollar, but you never know what you're gonna get!! It's a like a box of Chocolates (As forest Gump will tell you about life)!!!

I have learned a good lesson from all this - never buy a brand new car/model, even if its a Lexus!

Javeed