Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Mpg

Hi Folks..

Just completed first 2000 miles on my IS250 manual. As 76 year old juvenile do not push it too hard these day. Computer records 29.1 overall. About right ?.

Comment ?

Hi

I live fairly close to you and know the area well so I know the type of roads that you may use and I feel that consumption is about right.

I get approx 32mpg around here but mine is an auto which is known to be better on this car.

Figures taken from the Lexus web site:

IS250 Manual

Combined (mpg/l/100 km) 28.8/9.8

IS250 Automatic

Combined (mpg/l/100 km) 31.0/9.1

So yours would seem about right to me.

Yeah, those Lexus cars like to drink...

I thought 32mpg around “A” roads and country lanes was extremely good for a 2.5 V6 car.

I averaged close to 40mpg on a 400 mile round trip a couple of months ago. Agreed most of it was motorway but I still think it’s very good for a non diesel engine of this size.

I thought 32mpg around "A" roads and country lanes was extremely good for a 2.5 V6 car.

I averaged close to 40mpg on a 400 mile round trip a couple of months ago. Agreed most of it was motorway but I still think it's very good for a non diesel engine of this size.

Must be my right foot then 'cos my SE-L auto has never returned more than 30 mpg. :crybaby:

Must be my right foot then 'cos my SE-L auto has never returned more than 30 mpg. :crybaby:

I guess a heavy right foot can easily make a difference of 2mpg and a lot more I would have thought.

If you are not seeing more than 30mpg on a long motorway run I think you should get it checked ASAP.

The car, not your foot.

I thought 32mpg around "A" roads and country lanes was extremely good for a 2.5 V6 car.

I averaged close to 40mpg on a 400 mile round trip a couple of months ago. Agreed most of it was motorway but I still think it's very good for a non diesel engine of this size.

I too have the SE-L auto and on motorway runs I get over 35 mpg. Don't think I have hit over 40 but I do have the air con on all the time and plus I do like to push her from time to time when I get a clear run :D . I sure with a little right foot patience I could hit 40.

I guess a heavy right foot can easily make a difference of 2mpg and a lot more I would have thought.

If you are not seeing more than 30mpg on a long motorway run I think you should get it checked ASAP.

The car, not your foot.

Most I've got was just over around 34 mpg on a run back from Gatwick (about 140 mainly m miles). However, I did have the speed limiter with me (my better half) and stayed on cruise most of the time, and that's using BP Ultimate too.

Guess I need to come out of warp speed occassionally :whistling:

I average 34 most weeks which is a mix of a return journey of 210 miles each way using A roads and motorway (M25) and short journeys during the week.

Last week got 36.5 on the outward leg of 210 miles.

I have the mpg display on all the time -concentrates the mind as you can see at a glance what a difference flooring the accelorator can make. Doesn't stop me doing it but I do think twice if there's little gain to be made.

Overall, very pleased with the mpg - could only get 26 from the old IS300 so this justifies (slightly) paying all that extra dosh for the new model.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links