Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Manual box for IS300

dazzab69

Hi !

There is a 5 speed manual available for the IS300 in the US, check www.lexus.com...it should have been standard here in Europe in the first place, I feel.

The 6-speed mated with the 3-liter would be kickin´ but with the 5 speed you get 0-62 mph times of 7.1 sec. That is more than 1 sec off the semi-automatic. The torque converter steals quite som power. Like Top Gear wrote they also feel that the IS300 with the automatic tran leaves som power untapped !

Regards, George

I would have bought manual IS300 if it would have been available. I may have even bought the automatic version, but it is not available in Finland either. Only IS available in Finland is IS200. They don't import IS300 / IS300 Sportcross in Finland at all, because they think that the people in Finland will not buy these models anyway, which I think is very stupid. All other models (LS430, RX300, GS300/430, SC430) are available in Finland but not IS300 and IS300 Sportcross, so **** them (toyota auto finland, the "great" importer of Lexus cars)!

My local dealer suggested that a 5sp IS300 would be ready for the end of the year in the UK. I also remember reading somewhere in one of the car rags that they couldn't use the IS200's 6sp box as it wasn't up to delivering the amount of power that the 3.0l engine pushes out.