Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Child Protection On Windows

Hi,

I have a question regarding the child protection features of the RX:

I have set the child lock on the left rear door. My 5-year old sits there, and we want to make sure she stays in the car ;)

Also, I have the electric windows up/down locked for all passengers. This is a bit annoying, and I was wondering if it is possible to set it so all other passengers can control their own windows, but not my 5-year old?

Any suggestions are approciated.

Regards,

KB

Hi and Welcome to LOC :)

I think like you say its all or nothing as to turning the window switches on/off.

Thats a good point youve made.

Shame theres not a on/off switch on each door to set the windows to work or not like you can with the child locks..

Cheers chips..

If you're handy with a drill you could fit a heavy-duty (around 20A) switch in the door, somewhere where it can't be accessed with the door closed (but where it won't get smashed up by the door closing or the glass going down!).

Cut one of the window motor wires and feed both ends to the switch using suitable wire (again avoiding anywhere that the glass is likely to come down into). Switch off = locked window.

If you're handy with a drill you could fit a heavy-duty (around 20A) switch in the door, somewhere where it can't be accessed with the door closed (but where it won't get smashed up by the door closing or the glass going down!).

Cut one of the window motor wires and feed both ends to the switch using suitable wire (again avoiding anywhere that the glass is likely to come down into). Switch off = locked window.

They are all good suggestions, but I would almost rather just pull out the up/down switch, disconnect the cables, and put it back. Then when she is big enough, reverse the change. Wonder if that would work?

Or even simpler (and cheaper)..

Just tell your Son/daughter NOT TO TOUCH THE WINDOW SWITCH !!

My kids have known electric windows in our cars from birth (they are now 20 years old and 18 years old) and never ONCE did they attempt to use the window switch without permission !

Yep - I'm 'Victorian Dad'... but they did as they were told.

Threaten them with chopping their hands off if they dare to touch the switch !!

The Ed !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links