Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Average Age

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P My first Lex is200 at 28 2 weeks ago great move test drove c class and 318i nothing matched the is200, befire that i had a toyota corrola for 5 years and still keep as my second car nothing matches the build quality of the Japs :)

I'm 23 driving a 94 GS300 before this I had a 1.6 Corolla sprinter executive, before that it was a 1.3 Corolla Sprinter my dad has had camrys for the last 20years were toyota faithful in this house ;)

Are Camrys still available in Ireland?

When I went looking last September for a new one to replace my 3 litre 2003 model, I was told they are no longer available in the UK - which is why I changed to Lexus.

Before the Camry, I had had a series of Nissan QX/Maximas, but they don't import them any more either.

I'm 23 driving a 94 GS300 before this I had a 1.6 Corolla sprinter executive, before that it was a 1.3 Corolla Sprinter my dad has had camrys for the last 20years were toyota faithful in this house ;)

When I went looking last September for a new one to replace my 3 litre 2003 model, I was told they are no longer available in the UK - which is why I changed to Lexus.

Before the Camry, I had had a series of Nissan QX/Maximas, but they don't import them any more either.

the last of the camrys,celicas,MR2's dried up about the same time here as well

the last of the camrys,celicas,MR2's dried up about the same time here as well

Thanks - it's sad. The Camry was good value.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I realise I'm a bit late joining this discussion but feel I need to stand up for women's rights!! Bought my first Lexy a couple of years ago (age 48) after wandering up and down hundreds of rows of cars trying to find one which lit my fire - she was an IS200 sport - not fast enough so upgraded to IS300 SportX 2 weeks ago - wow!!

:offtopic: SatNav needs updating - tried her out on my journey home but she's convinced that I'm driving across a field and she just sulks and won't talk to me!

JaneT

I'm 21 had my IS200 sport for about 5 weeks,

Started off with a Clio 1.4 RT, then another one then had a mad few months and thought it would be a good idea to buy a Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-T with 300 bhp, was good fun but so expensive especially when your insurance is like a mortgage.

Then went back to a Clio 1.8 16v and then to my Lex. Never going near a french car again too unreliable!!

Use to own a 99 Altezza RS200 at 20 got rid of it after a while due to REALLY high insurance costs & that insurance co was stupid anyway whereas other insurance co either refused to insure me or asking a high price, so no lexus at the moment, did have a impreza WRX(was cheaper to insure) but needed something cheaper to run for work so now got a 03 JDM style modified Mazda 323F sport but i be looking to buy back an Altezza or a UKDM is200 nxt half yr or a Integra Type R.

23 had my IS for about a month and a half now. there was only 50difference between the S and the SE with regards the insurance. i pay jst over £600 a year.

However i had to go for the S as the car itself was a real bargain!!

had a corsa i battered prior to this and a bus pass prior to that.

Owned a pletharer of things before i got round to ordering a new IS 220D

Started at 18 with a 250cc Suzuki RGV motorbike, later an R6 (18.5 yrs old) then a GSXR 750 (19.5yrs old) then an R1 (21 yrs old).

Stopped changing the bikes and at 22 brought my first new car which im sure to get booed for as i decided to go British and got a new MG ZR 160.

Change that at 22 for another new MG ZR 160 with 3 tone paint and (Part exd the R1) brought an Aprilia RSVR at the same time (Can you tell yet that i like to have new toys)

Because MG decided to go crash and burn i had to change that last year just before 24th and for some daft reason brough a SAAB 9-3 although they were next to the Lexus garage.

Well this year i sorted my life out and saw what i should have last year and have brough and payed for for IS which i pick up on the 27th though id go for a more relaxed car as after all still got the Aprilia if i fancy going out and doing 170mph any time soon