Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:o Help please.

Our first problem with the 2000 LS 400! Got in today to go shopping, started up, Radio goes on and off very quickly and aerial goes up and down. Whatever button we pressed, nothing happened and could not adjust the volume, it was very loud.

Eventually took out the CD carrier and it swirched off. I don't know if the removal of the CD carrier had any effect or it had just given up by then. Evrthing else works OK through the touch screen, just no music. I've checked the fuse for the radio and the connections to the aerial which are all fine.

Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

Oh, by the way, now it won't run on again, the screen says Audio Off.

Ta chaps. :crying:

Hi,

Try taking the battery lead off for a few hours.

My radio had no sound,took the battery lead off to do some other work on the car,a few hours later i put the lead back on and BINGO the radio worked!!

Might be worth a try.

Chips..

Thanks, I'll try before I have to take it to Lexus. Our local car audio place say they can't do anything with it so anything is worth a try.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, here's an update about the radio.

Tried lots of things to get it working but to no avail. So, bit the bullet and went to Lexus Ipswich. They took the whole screen unit out and wanted to send it away to a so called approved engineer. I sugessted that maybe it would be better to just send the radio/cassette unit as this was obviously detachable from the rest. They agreed, so at least we get the air con operating on auto. Nothing else works though (very useful).

Two and a half weeks later we get a call from Ipswich saying that the Lexus approved engineer can't do anything with the unit as they don't have the Pioneer accessory required, whatever that means. Why haven't they got the bits they need to fix a 6 year old radio? I'm not happy!

So, the radio is badged Toyota on the back, Lexus on the front, and turns out to be made by Pioneer. It is only 6 years old and the "approved" engineer can't do anything with it? Gavin at Ipswich did say that he was also surprised and would talk to Lexus to see if they can help. We wait with baited breath.

Maybe the change to a new GS will be reconsidered, we mght visit Lancaster Garages and look at an E class, Maybe?

I'll let you know what happens after the next call from Gavin.

P.S. We went to the Open Road day last week and drove the GS430 and 450h. Both amazing cars. If my wife likes a car it must be quite something. Can't say which was best really, after al,l we only drove them for about 20 mins each. We might go and try a longer drive dependant on what happens about the radio.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links