Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Service - Pile Of S?t!

I've had my IS250 back a couple of weeks from Lexus Tunbridge Wells, it was in for a squeaky seat, rattles and a loud click when you push your leg against the centre console.

Squeaky seat is fixed. Click is fixed!

Car rattles worse than ever from all over.

Dash creaks from around the centre console Satnav/stereo area.

Cover is missing from part where the rear view mirror is fixed to the window.

Hoovered the carpets today and found

1) A screw. Found the empty hole middle top behind the glovebox door.

2) Driver seat. Cover on the righthand side where the seat is fixed to the floor is broken and just put back.

Cover in the other side looks a bit stressed as well.

Well I now wish I hadn't taken it in at all. No wonder it rattles like hell. I wonder how many broken clips etc there are inside the dash.

Last week : Centre drivers side air vent slider control fell off. I have put it back but the clip doesnt seem to be tight enough to hold it in place.

What should I do now?

Take it back to Lexus Tunbridge Wells so they can bugger it up a bit more?

Take it to another Lexus Dealer. Canterbury is similar distance.

Contact Lexus GB?

Really not impressed with the build of the interior.

I have recently compared BMW,Volvo, Volkswagens which all feel much more solid and less creaky.

I.e. grip the inside door handles and they creak. Thery don't do that in other cars.

Also fob failed to open the car yesterday and I had to pull off the plastic cover and open with the key.

Then the alarm wouldn't stop. So embarrassing! Took about 10 minutes before I could start the car.

Scary.

Starting to worry I have made a big mistake. Don't really think Lexus are any different to any other brand.

:tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

ps

Anyone got a contact for Lexus gb

I've had my IS250 back a couple of weeks from Lexus Tunbridge Wells, it was in for a squeaky seat, rattles and a loud click when you push your leg against the centre console.

Squeaky seat is fixed. Click is fixed!

Car rattles worse than ever from all over.

Dash creaks from around the centre console Satnav/stereo area.

Cover is missing from part where the rear view mirror is fixed to the window.

Hoovered the carpets today and found

1) A screw. Found the empty hole middle top behind the glovebox door.

2) Driver seat. Cover on the righthand side where the seat is fixed to the floor is broken and just put back.

Cover in the other side looks a bit stressed as well.

Well I now wish I hadn't taken it in at all. No wonder it rattles like hell. I wonder how many broken clips etc there are inside the dash.

Last week : Centre drivers side air vent slider control fell off. I have put it back but the clip doesnt seem to be tight enough to hold it in place.

What should I do now?

Take it back to Lexus Tunbridge Wells so they can bugger it up a bit more?

Take it to another Lexus Dealer. Canterbury is similar distance.

Contact Lexus GB?

Really not impressed with the build of the interior.

I have recently compared BMW,Volvo, Volkswagens which all feel much more solid and less creaky.

I.e. grip the inside door handles and they creak. Thery don't do that in other cars.

Also fob failed to open the car yesterday and I had to pull off the plastic cover and open with the key.

Then the alarm wouldn't stop. So embarrassing! Took about 10 minutes before I could start the car.

Scary.

Starting to worry I have made a big mistake. Don't really think Lexus are any different to any other brand.

:tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

ps

Anyone got a contact for Lexus gb

Complain like crazy what shocking and shoddy work the email for lexus gb customer service are

steve.settle@lgb.lexus.co.uk

gill.want@lgb.lexus.co.uk

I think you should try to get a new car form them How old is the car? I had extensive work carried out for rattles at Woodford but the car was returned as new..but still with some little rattles Good luck

alan

alex.kirkby@lgb.lexus.co.uk

I have same sh*t with lexus stockport :angry:

Alex kirby is awy at the moment but the other two are more senior. I am sure you will get a new dash and seat! All lexus people are meant to be trained to the same high standard but this does not seem to be the case. All of us shuold get together and demand compensation for the poor build quality of these cars.. They are a disgrace to the brand

alan

Complain like crazy what shocking and shoddy work the email for lexus gb customer service are

I think you should try to get a new car form them How old is the car? I had extensive work carried out for rattles at Woodford but the car was returned as new..but still with some little rattles Good luck

alan

I think I will be. Bought car mid January this year. 4,500 miles on the clock. Quiet as a mouse when I picked it up. Slowly got more and more rattly. What's the point in making a car thats so quiet inside if it's going to start ratlling, no matter how slight the rattles/creaks.

alan

I think I will be. Bought car mid January this year. 4,500 miles on the clock. Quiet as a mouse when I picked it up. Slowly got more and more rattly. What's the point in making a car thats so quiet inside if it's going to start ratlling, no matter how slight the rattles/creaks.

I bought a second one having been assured that all build qaulity issues had been sorted..not so at all its no better at all! My new one is in at the moment for the dashout job I have made a complaint to lexus gb about it at least my local workshop is very good and honest !!

Alan

Arkanoid

I feel sorry for you - Dont forget, they are Toyota technicians..I have complained few times to Andy(service) when it came back after repair.

My car had undergone extensive repairs since I bought it(Nov 05). I have complained to Lexus GB several times, guess what they did - gave me a three year free service plan! I should say it was Lexus TW(Andy) who took the intiative to replace the seat and dash. Whilst it took few weeks, its all sorted now! No rattles, its done 10000 miles.

Lexus Canterbury & Lexus TW is the same group - Motorline. I personally dont think Canterbury will be any better. I suggest you speak with LexusGB and Andy (Service,TW)at the same time. One thing is for sure - unless you make noise, they do nothing.

Good luck

I deal with Lexus/Toyota Twells on a regular basis. It is Andrew Lynch in the Lexus Service side you need to speak to.

Very helpful and reliable when dealing with the family cars.

The only problem is that you risk fallng out with the dealer in question.

They screwed it up, so they should fix it!! I would speak to the DP (dealer principal), no one else.

Take the car to the dealer, show it to him, insist on a fix, and book it in with a free Courtesy car. If they say it will take one day, insist on leaving for 2, so there is no excuse.

Then tell LGB what you've done in writing and by phone. They should monitor it in the background.

If the car is not 100% when you collect it, immediately inform LGB and let LGB advise you on the next course of action. From the dealership if needs be.

This is playing by their rules (LGB that is). The dealer will have had 2 chances to fix it. Now it's over to them.

One of the biggest problems is denial on the part of LGB. They will be the first to say that you have a contract with the garage, not them. However, by doing this you have done what they want you to do, and they have no excuses.

Remember - always be polite and very very firm. Don't get angry - makes matters worse. I know!!

I bought a second one having been assured that all build qaulity issues had been sorted..not so at all its no better at all! My new one is in at the moment for the dashout job I have made a complaint to lexus gb about it at least my local workshop is very good and honest !!

Alan

I still think the car is a brilliant car. It's just the interior build quality issues that are the problem.

They screwed it up, so they should fix it!! I would speak to the DP (dealer principal), no one else.

Take the car to the dealer, show it to him, insist on a fix, and book it in with a free Courtesy car. If they say it will take one day, insist on leaving for 2, so there is no excuse.

Twells dealer principal is Mike Barter.

Have spoken to Mike. He sold me the car.

It was late last night. He said he would get andy to call meback this morning.

I am going to follow up with a mail to Lexus GB. I have spent 32K+ on a car. I shouldn't have to put up with rattles/ bad repairs.

Have spoken to Mike. He sold me the car.

It was late last night. He said he would get andy to call meback this morning.

I am going to follow up with a mail to Lexus GB. I have spent 32K+ on a car. I shouldn't have to put up with rattles/ bad repairs.

Are you sure the DP "sold" you the car, normally that's beneath them :huh: as their salemen get the commission and normally get the hump 'cos they're paid to sell...

Sometimes the Business Manager or Sales Manager pretend that they are the highest you can go - I would cold call reception and ask for the name and address of the DP, no one else...see what you get.

PS - good luck!!

I am pretty sure that the Dealer Principal is Mike Barter. Whilst he was the one who sold the car to me, it was his sales staff who got the commission(suzanne). Your first point of contact is Mike Barter, if only its a return then he would speak with his Boss(Motorline Group). Mike deals with complaints and other stuff.

If you speak to Lexus GB, they would speak with Mike and Andy. I have gone through this horrible period early this year.

Andy doesnt have any authority, he only goes by what Mike and Lexus GB says. Speak to Mike, he should be able to sort it out for you.

Javeed

Well no one from Tunbridge Wells has called me back today so I have emailed Lexus GB and am awaiting a response.

Perhaps this is what happens if you don't lose your rag.

Sorry to hear that, please keep us informed on what happens.

They are normally very good in sorting out problems.

this may sound stupid but did you get the car on credit or pay any part of the car with a credit card? If you did contact the finance company or credit card company as they are jointly responsable for the car and if you are having problems and the dealer is not helping then you can call them and tell them and get them to sort it out. THey will try and palm you off but under the consumer credit act 1976 they are jointly responsable and they can deal with the dealer plus you can tell them you are rejecting the car due to the faults and want either a full refund or a new car.

Most people dont try the credit cards / finance company when they have problems but it does work and they can put a lot of pressure on the dealer to sort it

Still no call from Lexus Tunbridge Wells and no response from Lexus GB. :angry:

How long should I expect to wait until Lexus GB get back to me.

I emailed gill.want@lgb.lexus.co.uk and steve.settle@lgb.lexus.co.uk

Why dont you chase Mike on 01892 700500 or Andy on 01892 700400?

Javeed

Andy has called me this afternoon.

They will pick up the car on Saturday and leave me with a loan car. He wants to inspect the car first before anything is done.

Fingers crossed, however, I have lost a lot of faith.

You know what I did, smiled, turned up the MLS and carried on.

This is my strategy :) I've got my 60Gb iPod hooked up, so I've got tons of music, podcasts etc to listen to. The only time I hear the rattles now is when the phone rings.

Did get in my mate's 3 year old IS300 the other day and noticed the complete absence of any creaks, rattles or groans.

Why dont you chase Mike on 01892 700500 or Andy on 01892 700400?

Javeed

Andy has called me this afternoon.

They will pick up the car on Saturday and leave me with a loan car. He wants to inspect the car first before anything is done.

Fingers crossed, however, I have lost a lot of faith.

I am sure Lexus TW will sort it out - can expect a bottle of champagne from Mike and 3 yrs free service plan from Lexus GB! :winky: :lol:

Javeed