Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can someone let me know where the fuel filter is located please and if its a dealer supply unit only? I bet your gonna tell me its in an awkward place where I need 3 hands and im guaranteed to wear loads of petrol when I swap it. I can't believe its not under the bonnet for easy access like on my old Z cars..... ( cue the ford zephyr jokes) :)

I've only ever replaced a fuel filter once - on a vauxhall. It was a generic Halfords jobby which didn't fit in the clip very well. About a year after the next service at a vauxhall dealers, when I had been charged for a replacement fuel filter, I had a fuel leak - from the Halfords filter that they'd not replaced. :angry:

There are thousands of cars out there with (among other things) dirty fuel filters. I once aquired an XJ40 which upon changing the filter, ran like a dream.

That filter was in the same place as The GS one and it was an absolute sod to seal afterwards. No matter how many swear words I used it didn't want to know.

Thanx for the info. I didn't get round to looking there.

Its on the another job on the car to do list. :blush: