Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Rear Brake Pads Needed?

I am not sure if I need new brake pads on the rear of my IS300. I have not had time to take the wheel off for a good look but the caliper appears to be virtually touching the disc and I cannot see any pad at all - but is this normal when trying to look without taking the wheel off. The disc is not scored and the brakes are quiet, and the its only done 33,000 miles. Can some one look at their rear calipers and see if they are touching the discs ?? Thanks.

I am not sure if I need new brake pads on the rear of my IS300. I have not had time to take the wheel off for a good look but the caliper appears to be virtually touching the disc and I cannot see any pad at all - but is this normal when trying to look without taking the wheel off. The disc is not scored and the brakes are quiet, and the its only done 33,000 miles. Can some one look at their rear calipers and see if they are touching the discs ?? Thanks.

they do give that impression ;) they are very close, doesnt necessary indicate low pads though

take the wheel off and give it a proper check

I guess you're pretty close to me mate, I'll take a look at then for you.

Rear discs should be good for longer than 33K

(Mike, Watnall / Nottm)

I guess you're pretty close to me mate, I'll take a look at then for you.

Rear discs should be good for longer than 33K

(Mike, Watnall / Nottm)

what about rear pads mike ?