Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best Phone Kit For Rx 300 Sel

I collect my "new" RX300 SEL this Friday.

It doesn't have a car kit at present. Work will pay for one to be fitted but wondered what was the best kit to ask for?

If it helps I have a Nokia 6230i phone.

Thanks

Works mobile phone providers T-Mobile have said that they cannot connect through the stereo to mute so I will need an external speaker and a bracket drilled into the dash :o

Not happy about that they did the same on my IS.

Surely they must be able to get proper Lexus bracket and connect properly????

Works mobile phone providers T-Mobile have said that they cannot connect through the stereo to mute so I will need an external speaker and a bracket drilled into the dash :o

Not happy about that they did the same on my IS.

Surely they must be able to get proper Lexus bracket and connect properly????

during a meeting with lexus europe (productmanagment) today we learned that there is a lexus product available called "complementary telephone kits" called LHF 25 and LHF 35. these systems fully integrate with the cars audio system and the LHF 35 supports voice dial and connects to PDA´s and notebooks.

so if you are looking for a solution which integrates with your audio system i would give this a look.

I collect my "new" RX300 SEL this Friday.

It doesn't have a car kit at present. Work will pay for one to be fitted but wondered what was the best kit to ask for?

If it helps I have a Nokia 6230i phone.

Thanks

Stupid question ('cos I genuinely do not know) - does the RX SE-L not have MM and Bluetooth as standard??

I've only ever seen them with MM but am not sure if it incorporates Bluetooth? I think the new 350SE-L does...

If it does, then you needn't worry - the 6230i works a treat when pairing etc, but you can't see Battery life or signal strength, and it's one at a time for transferring entries!

Parrot Kits are great, more or less 100% compatible with any Bluetooth phone. Only trouble is that the stand alone kit is rady to run through standard audio systems.

As someone has mentioned, you will need a stand alone speaker. Think its something to do with the in-built amp on some standard manufactures cars.

Bitten the bullet and letting T-Mobile loose on my car next week. Bracket has arrived and actually doesn't look too bad and there are no visible signs of drilling as they have to take the dash apart! :o