Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Wrong Is This Car!?

IanF

lol :lol:

Best one had to be "black leather interior" and then scroll down to see a photo of a cloth interior - if you're gonna lie, at least don't put up a photo of it! :lol:

1/ 180 MPH - only if I were towing him :D

2/ Leather - must be a different car from the pic then as that clearly shows cloth

3/ Rs200 ??? Look s like an As to me

Next he wil be saying it has 7 gears and a BT phone line :)

1/ 180 MPH - only if I were towing him :D

2/ Leather - must be a different car from the pic then as that clearly shows cloth

3/ Rs200 ??? Look s like an As to me

Next he wil be saying it has 7 gears and a BT phone line :)

LOL. He is 100% though... :duh:

D.

as the topic is open

my altezza rs200 shows 180mh on clock but only gets 2 125mph at a push

any reson why its does that

am sure its mph koz av compared it with my is200

at 125 there is no more throtle starts 2 force it self back up

I thought all Jap imports are limited to 112 mph .......

180KPH = 112.5MPH hence the 180 on the speedo

i cant speak for all but i know mine goes off the clock an stops at bout where 200kmph should be!

have u tryed yours yet?

I have tried mine (on the track) and with the speedo converted it kicks in at 120MPH, allowing for the usual optimism of the speedo that is give or take 112MPH

If you have the speed limiter removed, and assuming you have a KPH speedo it will go off the clock :D

my car is still speed limited so maybe my speedo is not right but it definatly goes past 180km and most jap cars i've been in go past 180km by a good bit before limiting!

can't all have faulty clocks can they?

what rpm in what gear do u limit?

Speed Restrictor:

In Japan there is a legal requirement for all cars to have a speed limiter at 180 km/h, which is equivalent to 112mph. Most Turbo owners report a top speed restricted to approximately 5,250 rpm in 5th gear (about 125mph), and is said to be based around cutting the spark to the engine.

The speed limiter can be removed, and amongst other companies Intech (see above) will do it for approximately £180 + VAT, or this can be done as part of a Unichip ECU chip upgrade, which typically costs around £380 + Fitting.

Note: Many owners report that a side effect of having a speed delimiter fitted is that the Power Assisted Steering can become over-light, as the car thinks it is traveling at a lower speed than it actually is. (This is because the speed signal is also sent to the PAS ECU, and is used to judge the amount of steering assistance to be given)

Any removal of the speed restrictor may require a subsequent change of speedometer, as it is reported that the needle will hit the bottom of the dial at about 120mph, and some owners have had problems with needles sticking there !

Page down this LINK for the original text also check out the MkIV Supra Owners Club, 120 on the clock in MPH and that is it.

maybe its restricted but im sure it reaches 125mph but min is not turbo

as far as i know

there is also a trip/timer/digi speedo next to drivers 'a' post im sure that has some thing to do with rev control(because car drive different dependin on how its setup)

its branded ultra may be its a con cam

i cant speak for all but i know mine goes off the clock an stops at bout where 200kmph should be!

have u tryed yours yet?

If you fit an Apexi RSM it can by-pass the top speed limiter.... but where are you going to see if it works? Mondello? ....... dosen't have a long enough straight?

my limiter is working and i'm keeping it, to stop any stupid temptation........ :winky:

i cant stop stupid temtations am only 22 m8

jus checked on Apexi RSM looks simlar 2 the ultra meter wat is all ready there

Well with the Limiter by-passed you have a 140mph car..... which will get you jail time unless you take it to an unrestricted Autobahn..... :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links