• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good old Dremmels! More versatile than a swiss army knife! :D

Can't get that link MI_LEXX to work :duh:

Heres what I bought Click Me

What yee think?

I too have the CD satnav housing, Could you keep me updated with how this goes as i may want to buy this screen too if it fits nice and flush :D

What yee think?

I too have the CD satnav housing, Could you keep me updated with how this goes as i may want to buy this screen too if it fits nice and flush :D

Yeah no probs, im hoping there is not much messing about with it. I'll know more on the 28th which is when it should arrive.

Worst case scenario I may lose 3 or 4mm visibility off the top and bottom of the screen, or I could remove the casing. Im anxious now to get playing!! :D

I have one of those centurian screens as well ( 5.8) , problem im having is there are two thick cables coming from the screen to a control interface and they are resticting the opening and closing motion of the housing.... think i'll have to remove the housing control pcb to another location.....

I have one of those centurian screens as well ( 5.8) , problem im having is there are two thick cables coming from the screen to a control interface and they are resticting the opening and closing motion of the housing.... think i'll have to remove the housing control pcb to another location.....

Hermm.....got me thinking now. Mines slightly smaller than yours anyway, at 5". I know what you are on about the housing having difficulties. The swivel part needs to be free to open and close with no obstructions. Are you not able to adapt the out housing?

Yup thats one option, moving the PCB control is the other.... will have a better poke around to see which to do at the weekend.....

Has your screen 2 video inputs?... if so you will probably have the same control box as mine which will have the same 2 cables going to the screen.... I was expecting nice tidy cable considering they are supposed to be for headrests...

That link dosen't give much info.... but it's the exact same picture as mine...

Haven't wired it in to the car yet as i still waiting for my rear view camera... but i did put the whole lot working in the office with a 12v power supply.... nice clear good quality picture , mine puts up a blue screen when there's no signal.... which i like :)

Im after the TV kit for this also, sounds like I may have a nightmare though with even more cables. I still woundnt mind a reverse cam either.

Nah the most cables going to the back of these screens is two which come from a control box, my cables are about 5 foot long so easily thread it all into the glove box....,

the actual av inputs are into the interface control box so adding more there shouldn't be a problem... there's always workarounds, sorry if I'm putting doubt in your head... make it more of an achievement afterwards... he-he

Im after the TV kit for this also, sounds like I may have a nightmare though with even more cables. I still woundnt mind a reverse cam either.

Nah the most cables going to the back of these screens is two which come from a control box, my cables are about 5 foot long so easily thread it all into the glove box....,

the actual av inputs are into the interface control box so adding more there shouldn't be a problem... there's always workarounds, sorry if I'm putting doubt in your head... make it more of an achievement afterwards... he-he

Im quite capable of casting doubts in my head without any help :lol: once I get stuck in though im on fire! I'll post some pics once its in, Won't be till Early July mind as im off on my hols end of this month. :D

What yee think?

I have measured up that screen against my CD based satnav housing and it looks like that screen wont even fit into the housing! its massive compared to the stock screen.

I would rather try and get the screen i have already working first... how could i try and do it?

Don't know if this is a bit late or not but have a word with Rsarin, he has the standard sat nav screen and a setup so you can play DVDs aswell. So I don't think there is any real need to change the screen.

I would rather try and get the screen i have already working first... how could i try and do it?

Don't know if this is a bit late or not but have a word with Rsarin, he has the standard sat nav screen and a setup so you can play DVDs aswell. So I don't think there is any real need to change the screen.

cheers mate, il see if i can get in contact with Rsarin.

What yee think?

I have measured up that screen against my CD based satnav housing and it looks like that screen wont even fit into the housing! its massive compared to the stock screen.

Im not shy, thinking I may need to get out the tool kit and have a play about with the stuff.

:D

Right for those of you who are interested in this sat nav housing thread. I have two pics for you to view in the following links (can't upload pics for some reason).

I couldnt have asked for a better fit, snuggly inside the unit and minimal effort to secure the screen.

Link 1

Link 2

What yee think?

Im not shy, thinking I may need to get out the tool kit and have a play about with the stuff.

No tools required! :P

Edited by Kazi

Looking good mate, you got it in and working now then?
Looking good Kaz.

You might be able to post the pics up if you make them smaller

*Lee * Not yet mate, everything is more or less in place. I have bought a TV tuner off eBay for £42 so I'll connect that up to it and im hoping its got additioanl inputs for my ipod video and dvd player coming. So it should play iPod, DVD and TV :D only come this evening so rushed to get it installed. Well chuffed with the result. I was suprised that there is not 3.5mm jack output on the screen mind so im hoping the TV tuners control box will have one so I get a splitter adapter and use my Prolex Aux adapter. On another note, My sat nav runs through my stereo together with my ipod and mutes the ipod when it talks, sounds really good.

Ad77, tried smaller pics and gave up, kept saying I didnt have permision so I opened a photo bucket account :D

If the screen looks a mess, its got my finger prints on and I have not removed the protective film yet.

wow kazi! that looks very snug and oem!, what monitor did you use? a link if possible :D

Top of the page matey :D (Post #24)

Can't wait to get everything else Ive bought fitted and working :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links