Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Climate Control Delay?

Hi, not sure if this has been covered before but...

When starting the car from cold (overnight temp of about 2 degrees C) I have noticed the heaters do not blow any air through any vents until approx 5 minutes of driving has occured. At this point the seat heaters are working, (thank goodness) but the cabin ventilation begins only after this frustrating and cold delay. :crybaby: My wife's crappy Ford Escape blows volcanic hot air within 30 seconds of engine start! Is this a climate control issue or does my is250 have a fault? I realise most of you are probably enjoying the cool a/c at this time of year but if anyone can remember their experiences from a few months back, I would be grateful.

Also, had the SQUEAKY SEAT fixed today :D :D Turns out that tightening the rear seat bolts (those anchoring the seat) eliminated the frustrating squeaks altogether!

Cheers

I do remember that mine took an age to warm up compared to my other car in the winter. I guess the climate doesn’t start blowing the air out until it reaches a certain temperature otherwise it would be making matters worse, blowing cold air.

I do remember others complaining about the same thing that’s why I didn’t bother getting mind checked.

Yep, it's a feature of the climate control - it doesn't provide hot or cold air until it's sure it can do so. Mine manages either frosty or boiling in a matter of seconds though (regardless of outside temp), so five minutes does seem a bit long!

The climate control in my IS200 starts after about a minute in those kind of temp conditions, I would've thought that the IS250 would be quicker - 5 minutes sounds a bit excessive ;)

[Thanks for the opinions! I'll try manual mode tomorrow to see if the time frame is shortened. :hehe:

just went for another quick spin (still get excited eavery time I am in the car even after 7 months of owning her!) and the lack of squeaks and rattles was deafening

Get a remote start fitted( some alarms also have this feature)......

I have one on my Tezza and on cold mornings i can start the car from inside the house while having my breakfast..... Car nice and toasty when i go out 5-10 mins later :)...........(providing i left the A/C switch on!)

I now go into manual mode sometimes, then hit the auto button once I think it's there or there about. Too much technology, too many cooks in the kitchen etc

All them sensors in the cabin must be arguing about who's hot and cold :lol:

Yes the manual mode does seem to work within a few seconds of start-up.

Ta

Get a remote start fitted( some alarms also have this feature)......

I have one on my Tezza and on cold mornings i can start the car from inside the house while having my breakfast..... Car nice and toasty when i go out 5-10 mins later :)...........(providing i left the A/C switch on!)

Never heard of such an option Noel!? :duh: Thanks for the suggestion, but since the manual mode works I will persevere with that and save the money for new alloys to replace the 16's that came supplied with the car.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links