Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension ?

el_gencer

Just been on the tdi web site and there is a fair amount of choice there. I have no idea whats what. Could some one give me the heads up on the pro's and con's of each please.

HKS vs Tein Super Street vs Type Flex (and is the edfc worth getting)

Thanks

Lee iceman and others have the Tein+edfc and its fully adjustable which is amazing when i saw it.Im sure they will advise shortly.It is expensive kit though.there is also comfort sport and super drift info@ www.tein.co.uk

After having both I would say if you can afford coilovers then they are a must.

The springs were a brilliant upgrade to the standard and make the car look lower and certainly feel lower. After heving them put on by Tony the drive home was just brill, you still have the comfort of the OEM but you feel a lot more feedback from the road.

Install the coilovers and its a whole new ball game, a firmer ride, adjustable height and dampness. If you were to get coilovers then ARBs are a must, they certainly go a long way to making the car feel like it is on rails.

As for EDFC, it just depends whether or not you will take your car off the road and onto the track. I tend to keep one setting for the road and 2 for the track. Haven't found any need to change the dampness on the road, might be different when we go to Ireland though.

Whichever way you go it'll be an improvement in handling, just make sure you have a geom done soon after installing them to get the most from the kit.

lee_iceman, is yours the type flex setup ? do you notice anything like knocking ? just that i've seen a few post that report knocking on the tein systems. I dont think i'll be on the track much, maybe once in a blue moon. i just like being fancy and having extra toys to mess about with :-)

Suppose i better go gold before getting anything installed.

Too much choice huh!

I am in the market for a suspension upgrade too and want coilovers, i have a tight budget so was also wondering what the best kit is from Tein?

I just get fed up of doin research and the more you do the more you seem to get confused!!

Let us know what kit you decide on!

lee_iceman, is yours the type flex setup ? do you notice anything like knocking ? just that i've seen a few post that report knocking on the tein systems. I dont think i'll be on the track much, maybe once in a blue moon. i just like being fancy and having extra toys to mess about with :-)

Yes mate, they are the Flex, no knocking whatsoever. As far as I know nobody knows exactly what causes it or why it happens on some cars and not others.

As for the EDFC it certainly does cause a bit of interest when new people get into the car :D

Prolex are also developing a coilover kit that I believe G4CRX has road tested and gave a good review on.

Prolex coilovers although review seems to have been removed now.

TTE coilovers are a pretty decent price compared to the Teins. They're great coilovers. There is also no knocking with them. You cant adjust the damping with them though. Also stick some TTE anti roll bars on also and you're away :winky:

Yes mate, they are the Flex, no knocking whatsoever. As far as I know nobody knows exactly what causes it or why it happens on some cars and not others.

As for the EDFC it certainly does cause a bit of interest when new people get into the car :D

Prolex are also developing a coilover kit that I believe G4CRX has road tested and gave a good review on.

Prolex coilovers although review seems to have been removed now.

First batch will be here any day now........

Hi,

I went with the Teins coilovers,like you i looked at all the options.

I found there was loads of info on there website and i spoke to alot of people and i never heard a bad word Tein.

Ive not got as far as the anti roll bars yet,just the coilovers fitted and what difference it has made to my car.

I went for the FLEX version and im surprised how good the ride is.Not to bumpy or harsh.

Good Luck with what ever you go for But be sure to have the geometry done on the car as soon as the coilovers are fitted ;)

Chips..

what sort of price would you expect to pay for a full geometry to done, i suppose i could get it done at the same time. the type flex seems to getting a lot of praise, i think you guys have probably solved my dilema. first stage is to get some cash sorted and to go gold.

what sort of price would you expect to pay for a full geometry to done, i suppose i could get it done at the same time. the type flex seems to getting a lot of praise, i think you guys have probably solved my dilema. first stage is to get some cash sorted and to go gold.

Tonys website WIM, if you go GOLD, i believe you only pay for the test and 2 adjustments (there are 7 on an IS200) You also get the free 2000 fine tune, which is a must.

There is also a list of trusted centers and they should charge the same as tony.

Just gone gold, next stage is to get the shocks and have them fitted. does the edfc unit fit nicely under the t/c and heat seat unit or do most people tend to have the box hidden to stop the muppets from getting tempted to break into the car and steel it ?

Just gone gold, next stage is to get the shocks and have them fitted. does the edfc unit fit nicely under the t/c and heat seat unit or do most people tend to have the box hidden to stop the muppets from getting tempted to break into the car and steel it ?

yes mate, just some double side sticky tape should hold it.

edfc.jpg

its tiny,when you change the settings does the system make any noise,like when its adjusting from one setting to the next.I fancy this kit as my next mod

Just the noise of the motors whirring and a beep from the box. You'll see on Wednesday if you want.

Really what does this TEIN kit do!! i'm a bit baffled by all your abbreviations etc someone please enlighten me?

It means that you can set the hardness / softness settings without getting out of the car; in the process you can take a little longer to savour that Big Mac :unsure:

Really what does this TEIN kit do!! i'm a bit baffled by all your abbreviations etc someone please enlighten me?

It means that you can set the hardness / softness settings without getting out of the car; in the process you can take a little longer to savour that Big Mac :unsure:

:D I prefer a KFC

Quick question ........

How does Tony ( or any garage) set the geometry for motorised coil overs?

I mean if you have them on soft or hard isn't the amount of travel by the suspension alot different between each setting .... ?

Cheers :)

Quick question ........

How does Tony ( or any garage) set the geometry for motorised coil overs?

I mean if you have them on soft or hard isn't the amount of travel by the suspension alot different between each setting .... ?

Cheers :)

Hi,

There is a difference with the amount of movement in the suspension depending on weather you have the shocks set to max hard or max soft,but its not a Massive amount.

Tony stop me if im wrong.

I think the geometry is more about having all the wheels in parallel so the suspension sort of works as one living thing instead of each wheel fighting to go in another direction causing the car to drive unstable.

As long as the geometry is setup right for the car/tyre/wheel size/ride height etc i dont think you will have many problems :)

chips..