Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

4800 Quid For Valeting A Car!

Think that's the guy that was on Fifth Gear (or might have been Top Gear, can't remember :duh: ) - does everything besides licking the car clean! :lol:

The car he was polishing on the show was a Maserati MC12 - if you have a car worth half a million quid, don't think £5k on a polish is that steep really. Its prob something you're gonna do once a year, so 1% of the price of the car seems fair, prob about the same I'd be willing to pay for a once a year detail of a Lexus........

Think that's the guy that was on Fifth Gear (or might have been Top Gear, can't remember :duh: ) - does everything besides licking the car clean! :lol:

The car he was polishing on the show was a Maserati MC12 - if you have a car worth half a million quid, don't think £5k on a polish is that steep really. Its prob something you're gonna do once a year, so 1% of the price of the car seems fair, prob about the same I'd be willing to pay for a once a year detail of a Lexus........

yeh i think it is the bloke, i think that was on 5th gear

Question:

Is Mr Miracle Man using a sponge to apply the PH neutral car wash in the video? Wouldn't a lamb's wool mit be a more appropriate tool? Secondly, is he using a non-random orbital polisher? Obviously it is working for him, but I've always been guided away fom these.

Anybody got a list of 'non-acidic' washes/cleaners that can be used on the car?

Question:

Is Mr Miracle Man using a sponge to apply the PH neutral car wash in the video? Wouldn't a lamb's wool mit be a more appropriate tool? Secondly, is he using a non-random orbital polisher? Obviously it is working for him, but I've always been guided away fom these.

Anybody got a list of 'non-acidic' washes/cleaners that can be used on the car?

random orbit is for use by people with little or no experience of orbital polishers or people that are afraid of damaging the paint - used properly an orbital polisher gives stunning results but you have to know what you are doing otherwise it could end up in a respray.

Also I had a look at the photos and dont know if its just me or if the camera he is using is crap but the results dont look too great TBH I have seen better on here - I like the before and after shots of swirl marks before = really close after = far away hhhmmmmmmm

• 3 months later...

What a load of Bollocks!

£5 i could get another lex!

And the end result didnt look all that!

My man Jonny from Reading can get my Lex looking like showrrom Condition for £20

£10 wash And Hoover + glass, plastics, dash etc

£10 For a polish

I love my car being clean and hand wash it at least once a week and wax it to, I feel, a high standard but I have to admit its not quite as good as some of the stuff he's done.

When all said and done though everyone still has to drive down the same :tsktsk: 'd up roads and cover the car in muck in a matter of miles so it really wouldn't be worth it? maybe if it is kept in a garage and used only when conditions were right. I own a car to enjoy and the person that owns the company I work for taught me a good lesson, he had just brought a new bently Continental and there like 5liter engin's and one of my questions were 'what's the MPG', his answer 'I don't care, I brought that car to drive and enjoy and things you usualy enjoy do cost money'. He is not a snob and is very down to earth and since then I don't worrie about MPG and servicing and what things cost (aslong as i can aford them sensibly) If I like it I USE it AS MUCH AS I CAN and ENJOY the privialage of having it. and I love my Lexus

moral to my story,

Yes keep your car clean but what a waste 2 spend that money when you wouldn't want to use it afterwards. Invest £5k on a good painting and enjoy looking at that.

Enjoy DRIVING your lexus everyone

:D

• 4 weeks later...

It says on his web-site the miracle connosieur is £500. Expensive, but I'd lose approaching that taking a day off work and by polishing my car myself I'd probably blow it up.

On other hand my car is only worth £3000 and I'm keeping it because of reliability and performance etc. Also I still really like it. So economically a big no-no but might be worth a punt on the £300 option.

Agree with FATPIEMAN!! Cars are for driving. And winter.....forget it. All that slush/dirt etc around!

I once left the wax on a car over winter. LOOKED awful, but come spring, it cleaned up lovely!

The other way to keep a car good is to hose it down after a drive, then stick it in a garage (wipe it down as best you can first.)

At least we drive well made/finished cars! :winky:

• 2 months later...

Looked at his site, got to agree photo's look good close up but after are far away.

Also I note he is using strong halogen lites to make the cars shine better, my mate does this in the studio for camera tricks to make things look better and brighter.

Also after shots are a long way away.

Why not close up?

I have seen better looking Lexus cars at shows than what this kid can do.

Also wash mitt for me not a sponge.

If your car was that bad after spending half a million on it, I would send it back and tell them to get it correct.

You would expect your car perfect, not according to this guy.

Seems a big con to me, just hype and bull and lots of publicity and I am afraid to say, some wealthy people out there will pay it, silly sods.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links