Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Everybody,

I a have a dying cluster on a gs300 ie the needles are going black.Are they interchangable ie is the Mileage recorded transfered to the new secondhand cluster.Also does anyone know if the boot trim which appears to be an extension of the light is cluster colour coded or can I use a seconhand one from any color mk1 gs300.

Many thanks

Hi,

The Needle/s speedo,rev etc can been taken off and replaced with another,if youve got another instrument dash unit from say the breakers.

The front clear part of the clocks unit can be taken off so you can get to the needles.

If you mess this up dont blame me :) im just saying how i took my dash apart.....do it at your own risk ;)

The Needles are a little tight to come off as theres a kind of spring that holds it tight to the movement pin.

Patience is the key.

When you put the replacement Needle on just make sure its Spot On Zero or the speedo or rev or temp or what ever needle you have replaced will not read true.

;) I had to take a needle off again :D

Hope thats of some help.

I didnt have a replacement set of needles so i took my set off and painted them White sort of does the job.

Good Luck.

Chips..

Hi,

The Needle/s speedo,rev etc can been taken off and replaced with another,if youve got another instrument dash unit from say the breakers.

The front clear part of the clocks unit can be taken off so you can get to the needles.

If you mess this up dont blame me :) im just saying how i took my dash apart.....do it at your own risk ;)

The Needles are a little tight to come off as theres a kind of spring that holds it tight to the movement pin.

Patience is the key.

When you put the replacement Needle on just make sure its Spot On Zero or the speedo or rev or temp or what ever needle you have replaced will not read true.

;) I had to take a needle off again :D

Hope thats of some help.

I didnt have a replacement set of needles so i took my set off and painted them White sort of does the job.

Good Luck.

Chips..

Chips,

Thanks for the advice