Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Break Mounting System

Buddygralia

Dear Guys,

I got some problem with the rear break, when I got them replaced.

I remove the rear disk, and then when I put the new one back, it does fit correctly.

But when I test them on the road, I heard a sound coming from the break and I remove it again.

And I saw that the Spring & the clip was knocking on the wheel screw.

I should have did a wrong think, but I don't know what?, and I have the same trouble on the other side!

I could not compare what was the problem!

Thanks for your help!

dsc02754hl.jpg

dsc02765od.jpg

dsc02776mo.jpg

dsc02788rn.jpg

it looks to me that the pin holding the spring and washer is too long so the washer is hitting against the wheel stud ( screw) If you still have the old pin use that and check if it hits the wheel stud(screw)

Hi,

From the pictures it looks like you have not pushed the spring clip back in enough,push the spring in and turn it at the same time.The spring clip marked A in the picture is in the shape of a T so it goes in like a key and you turn it 90% and it locks/holds the brake shoe in place.

Drum%20Brakes%20TEST.gif

Good Luck.

Chips..

I have tried several solution for this problem and still can not solve it ???

it seems that the everything is too long, I don't know what to do now!!!

I had the same problem mate..

When you pulled off the rear disc you straightened out the pin. You'll have to take it out and bend it again slightly. This will shorten it. Its very fiddly to do and a real pain in the arse. Make sure that you 'lock' the washer back on properly. Bend it too much and it'll be too short.

When I did mine, one side the pin was the correct length and the other side it was too long but had already been bent. When I pulled the disc off it straightened the pin. You've got exactly the same problem I had..

Remove the pin and you'll see exactly what I mean with regards to the bends in it :D