Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello all.

Is there anybody out there, who can throw any light on the subject of recoding a radio?

Before I purchase a second hand radio for a 1996 LS400, without the security code, I will need this information.

I know how to enter the three-digit code, and know that you have only nine 9 chances of getting it right, after this the book indicates to contact a Lexus dealer.

I presume they have an engineers code and another access combination to get into the radio??, is this the case.

I’m sure any information on this topic would be helpful to all.

So you guy’s and gal’s get your thinking caps on.

Best regards Syd Lambton

sometimes plugged into a computer that reads the code, or the code is logged againt the car if came from - other option is to send it away for decoding, or if you look hard enough on the net you can find a code generator tool that most of the decodeing companies use - i have used it with great success on blaupunkt units in the past.

Hello all.

Is there anybody out there, who can throw any light on the subject of recoding a radio?

Before I purchase a second hand radio for a 1996 LS400, without the security code, I will need this information.

I know how to enter the three-digit code, and know that you have only nine 9 chances of getting it right, after this the book indicates to contact a Lexus dealer.

I presume they have an engineers code and another access combination to get into the radio??, is this the case.

I’m sure any information on this topic would be helpful to all.

So you guy’s and gal’s get your thinking caps on.

Best regards Syd Lambton

Hi Syd,

If it helps.

When the cars come from the dealerships they are security programmed with the last 3 digits of the Vin No. very few owners ever bother to personalise the codes, therefore if you get the Vin No. along with the radio, chances are you will be able to unlock it without all of the associated agro, you may even be able to try this before you buy if local.

Good luck,

Chris Vince