Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus - A Pain In The Ar*e

Hi All.

I own a Lexus IS200 2005, and someone crashed into it the other day. To cut a long story short, a car was shunted into it, by a stolen car.

I rang my insurance who said i could claim of the stolen car (the guy who owns it) and so i rang Lexus Stockport (where i got the car) and they could not offer my a car while it went in for repair. So i rang someone else, and they said it may take at least a month before work could start, as they needed a poilce report (as it was stolen) and some facts that they would get there money.

All in all, not a happy man because Lexus sold me the car, but aint intrested as soon as i need something doing to it - if im not paying!!!!

Hi All.

I own a Lexus IS200 2005, and someone crashed into it the other day. To cut a long story short, a car was shunted into it, by a stolen car.

So i rang someone else, and they said it may take at least a month before work could start, as they needed a poilce report (as it was stolen) and some facts that they would get there money.

why would they need the police report? it has nothing to do with them - i can understand the payment part tho.

But on the other hand what type of insurance do you have?? 3rd party or comprehensive? If you have comprehensive I would be slightly ****** off and get back to your insurance company as they have to claim off the other driver/owners insurance company, you dont wait until the claim has gone thru and you have recieved the money before you can get your car repaired.

Hi All.

So i rang someone else, and they said it may take at least a month before work could start, as they needed a poilce report (as it was stolen) and some facts that they would get there money.

why would they need the police report? it has nothing to do with them - i can understand the payment part tho.

But on the other hand what type of insurance do you have?? 3rd party or comprehensive? If you have comprehensive I would be slightly ****** off and get back to your insurance company as they have to claim off the other driver/owners insurance company, you dont wait until the claim has gone thru and you have recieved the money before you can get your car repaired.

Fully comp - Cant insure a £25,000 car third party!!

Insurance send cheque as some tit took the front wing off changing lanes a few week ago. Having it done by Adamsons now as i need the car looking tip top condtion for a wedding next sat!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e241/mar.../Picture010.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e241/mar.../Picture011.jpg

New boot, bumper, driver side rear wing, spoiler, lights,

Hi All.

I rang my insurance who said i could claim of the stolen car (the guy who owns it) and so i rang Lexus Stockport (where i got the car) and they could not offer my a car while it went in for repair. So i rang someone else, and they said it may take at least a month before work could start, as they needed a poilce report (as it was stolen) and some facts that they would get there money.

All in all, not a happy man because Lexus sold me the car, but aint intrested as soon as i need something doing to it - if im not paying!!!!

You're having a go at Lexus but I can't see why? You need to deal with your insurance company - they will recommend a repairer and arrange a hire car. They will then pursue the car that ran into you for damages. You have the right to demand the car be taken into a Lexus bodyshop but then, depending on your policy, your insurer has the right to withdraw the offer of a courtesy car.

I can choose where it goes, as it is not my fault.

So, why will adamsons do it ASAP, while Lexus cant because they need a hell of a lot of documentation to back up the car was stolen, and they will get there money.

Not to ars*d that i aint getting a Lexus anyways, as i do not like the new ones, and will not purcahse on in the future.

so i rang Lexus Stockport (where i got the car) and they could not offer my a car while it went in for repair.

When my IS went in for a bumper repair in December I had a loan Skoda Fabia (haha better than nothing) for a week.

Not entirel sure of your circumstances though.... have you fallen out with your dealer before the incident? They are usually pretty good about this sort of thing.

Don't take it out on the car you'll be hard pushed to find anything else that has what the IS has to offer and has uniqueness on the road.

Hi All.

Hi TIP of the day :excl: DONT TAKE YOUR CAR TO LEXUS STOCKPORT FOR THE REPAIR.

Lexus Manchester use:

Manchester Car Refurbishment Centre Ltd

Cheviot St, Strange Ways, Manchester, Lancashire M3 1LW

Tel: 0161 835 9888

as their bodyshop. Maybe if Lexus won't help then you can just contact MCR direct and arange the repair? They do have great courtesy cars to - A Corsa! :lol:

I have had work done from MCR, as has Gord and Wosket and many others, always tip top. Just ask for John. I have seen some of the paint jobs done by Lexus Stockport..... :sick:

Thanks,

Anees

PS Are Adamsons the ones off Huddersfield Rd in Oldham?

when we had an incident in our volvo we were able to get the repair done where we wanted, but like lexus volvo could not offer us a car for the full duration of the repair, however the insurence company did provide us with a courtesy car (hired from one of the big chains) and then claimed that back from the other insurance.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links