Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey

SammeH

thought id eventually introduce myself here ive been the proud owner of my 99` plate black IS200 since last christmas and love it! thought id be the only one goin for a black car/black wheel combination but browsin the site i was very wrong! :blush:

since ive had it ive debadged, lowered 40mm all round and fitted some 18inch DGT alloys and am pretty pleased with it so far.

im planning on getting tints (not too dark) and am looking for ideas for lights (any suggestions please), then a nice exhaust system.

I recently ordered some black rear LED tailights from a shop on eBay but after them sending me some for a golf Gti :shifty: which i then paid to have sent back to america, they are now not replying to my emails or even appear to be registered on eBay anymore :tsktsk: any suggestions for where to buy these from a reliable dealer would be much appreciated.

anyway ive waffled enough.. a few pics of my car (will get some better ones when i get a proper camera) B)

image1117jo.jpg

image2221rn.jpg

hehe i hope thats not a bad thing! but thanks for the welcomes :P

the car has settled alot more since those photos! but i wish id come across this forum sooner for some ideas on tyre/wheel size as i was fed up of my last cars all having rubbing issues! im also looking at some different tyres as apparently arent too good.!

I use Toyo Proxes on my 17's and my 18's and think they are excellent tyres. Can get them at a good price too on eBay. Have a look around at the various other subforums. Check out the tyre / wheels section for reviews on various makes and also for the correct size of wheels and tyres..

Also check out the modifications forum :winky:

Welcome.

Maybe a long shot but did you by any chance used to own an FTO before the Lexus?

yes mate that was me, your from basingstoke too then so you probably came to the Quays meets? mine was the silver vielside! what did u have?

Mr singhs looks nice! i need to see about getting mine lower now! :P

yes mate that was me, your from basingstoke too then so you probably came to the Quays meets? mine was the silver vielside! what did u have?

Mr singhs looks nice! i need to see about getting mine lower now! :P

Didn't go to any of the meets, I only recently moved to Basingstoke, but I think I used to pass through where you lived every day - the gunmetal/lowered/mongoose/17"-6-spoked GPX. Used to wave when I saw you. I noticed your FTO had gone and assumed you had moved, then I saw the Lexus a few times and see it get modded and thought it was probably yours and how weird it was if we both sold FTO's and both bought IS200's!

FTO was a great car but I fancied going back to the IS (had one prior to the FTO) as I wanted something quieter/smoother/less rattly. Bought mine pre-modded tho, so not much on the cards yet as far as mods. Would like to supercharge it as it just feels somewhat slow compared to the FTO but not sure I can justfify splashing that much cash...

thats the one! i remember yours now the quite loud one that used to drive past my house! i gotta agree the lex us such a nice drive, no rattles (yet, from what ive read), better on fuel and the ladies prefer it! :lol:

atleast i got someone to drive to my first meet with :hehe:

and the ladies prefer it! :lol:

Yeah, my GF loves the heated seats! More-or-less permanently on if the temp is below about 20degC! :D

atleast i got someone to drive to my first meet with :hehe:

Yeah, if I can find the time I would be interested in a local meet - especially if someone there has a supercharged IS200 that they are willing to demo :winky:

its amazing how many people gag for the heated seats!

my mate that lives opposite me works for cruise-control in basingstoke - they sorted me out the wheels for mine! they have a Silver altezza demo car running about 385 brake! you should go check that out ;)

my mate that lives opposite me works for cruise-control in basingstoke - they sorted me out the wheels for mine! they have a Silver altezza demo car running about 385 brake! you should go check that out ;)

Hmmm, 385 brake sounds like it would equal some serious wonga, only really interested in getting it up to around 200, but I guess once you start with the serious mods it could be hard to stop...

Hmmm, 385 brake sounds like it would equal some serious wonga, only really interested in getting it up to around 200, but I guess once you start with the serious mods it could be hard to stop...

Sure is mate :duh: A supercharger and decent cat back exhaust should get you to 200 - 205 ish bhp

Hmmm ... hello, is it just me ............ but the first thing that came to my mind .... when I saw that car was ......

Mr Singh !?

Welcome to the club ! :D

Yep me too lol - Welcome to the club mate :) Very nice, looks mint.

really nice motor! welcome to LOC. what springs did you use to lower it? and how much did it cost youto have it done?

Hi, the design agency i work for does alot of advertsing for Bilstien, so one of thier sales reps got me some springs at trade price, very cheap! i think when i get back from holiday im goin to look into adjustable's tho! :)

really nice motor! welcome to LOC. what springs did you use to lower it? and how much did it cost youto have it done?

Hi, the design agency i work for does alot of advertsing for Bilstien, so one of thier sales reps got me some springs at trade price, very cheap! i think when i get back from holiday im goin to look into adjustable's tho! :)

sweet deal then! nice!