Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

B Post Rattle In New Is

Well, mines been rattling both sides.

Today I listened carefully, and though it's a bit higher up the B post than I thought...so as I drove along a dual carriageway I fiddled about with the window, pulled at the door handle, lowered and raised the seatbelt adjuster...pushed the door panel in...ignored it...it drove me mad, started the sequence again...and again...

Anyway, eventually pushed the grab handle...and hey presto! No more rattle! Same issue I believe on Passenger side...

The grab handle on the drivers side sometimes does not "seat" properly after retracting.

One rattle eliminated...Satnav housing to be done...and passenger side B post to be eliminated...

You never know, it might be something else altogether.... :lol:

The vibrating mirror is driving me bonkers too...it's so distracting. Anyone found a fix for it yet?

B)-->

QUOTE(Carlos B @ Jun 21 2006, 07:45 PM)

The vibrating mirror is driving me bonkers too...it's so distracting. Anyone found a fix for it yet?

Yep......Buy the petrol V6 :winky:

Then whack up the ML volume and let the sub shake it instead :winky:

HI

The rattle( tapping) that appeared to come from the satnav housing turned out to be from the ventilation grill above and behind the screen Took the dealer 4 hours to fix had the grill out four times and felt added around it ..now as quiet as it should have been !!!!

BTW the loan car on an o6 plate..5,500 miles and does the seat creak..is this the next saga...well at least there never is a dull moment and lexus dealers will have lots to do!!

alan