Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service Requests - Is This Possible?

Booked my IS250 in for dash rattles and seat belt recall notice. Picked it up last night (they had it for two days - but they did provide a courtesy car). They gave me a bottle of Champagne for my inconvenience :D

However, when I dropped it off, I asked if the technician could hook up to it and enable auto door locking on drive away and auto mirror folding on park. The service desk advisor didn't know if this was possible. Anyway, the car still doesn't do this. (forgot to ask when I picked it up!)

Have they not bothered or are these features not possible?

Booked my IS250 in for dash rattles and seat belt recall notice. Picked it up last night (they had it for two days - but they did provide a courtesy car). They gave me a bottle of Champagne for my inconvenience :D

However, when I dropped it off, I asked if the technician could hook up to it and enable auto door locking on drive away and auto mirror folding on park. The service desk advisor didn't know if this was possible. Anyway, the car still doesn't do this. (forgot to ask when I picked it up!)

Have they not bothered or are these features not possible?

Not available on UK models...

There is a list as long as your arm for US models....but not for us in Blitey who pay 20% more for the car!! Rip off if you ask me. If you buy even a BMW with Proffessional navigation you can actually do all of this yourself through the "MM" screen.

This is a serious factor for me as twice somone tried to carjack me in Londons glorious eastend 2 years ago...luckily I had my Audi auto locks enabled by the dealer!!

HI No auto lock and any Toyotas My daughter has a yaris...I am always on at her to central lock the doors...Surely if its on the Us models its only a software mod Perhaps we shuould lobby Lexus Gb to add this safetly feature..there are plently of nanny features so why not this useful one!

Alan

Ps One of the other user groups are having a big meeting with lexus gb to delete some of the nanny features..wonder how they will get on