Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Polishing ...

Boys and Girls,

Polished my pride and joy using a PC7424 last weekend.

Black = swirls so used Prima Swirl and then a glaze over the top before the carnauba treatment. Found it a lot quicker to do the whole car, although it still needed some elbow grease to remove the excess once the applications had dried. Perhaps a polishing bonnet is required?

Excellent results, although, after reading other posts, I think I may need to put on a couple more layers of carnauba for it to last.

For everybody's reference I got the PC through JonW440 who often posts on the LOC. He has his own company now called Deco Car Care and was very helpful - apologies for not thanking you sooner Jon, apart from time constraints due to the 3 month old child we have a hosepipe ban and, almost, a drought order here thanks to Thames Water loosing a third of their water supply each day through leaks (that's 894 million litres every day!). This makes washing the car a VERY economical task.

My only complaint - a potential RSI injury from the PC vibrations, otherwise an awesome tool for the avid detailer, especially one with no spare time.

Hi

What's the price of the Porter polisher from Deco Car Care?

As I am thinking of getting one and a UK supplier might be cheaper :)

This was on eBay is it a good deal?

ebay

2ddesign

I paid about £140 in the end, including both the pad set and the postage. It took under a week to arrive. I can vouch for Jon, but I can't for the e-bay ad. Jon also added some free samples of various products.

It's up to you, but suggest you contact with questions to check reliability and delivery.

• 3 weeks later...

Why not buy from Autopia instead like most of us have. You can also get discount. Great price, speedy delivery and great customer service :D

Is that a gold members discount?

not really... if you buy from them they will email you every now and then with a promotion and a discount code. So you just have to enter the code when you pay

There are a couple of discount codes that I've posted on this forum and in the Gold members area in the past. I'm not sure if any are still valid..

The last one was for 15% in April . ...... SAVEBIG

Give it a go see if it still works :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links