Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warranty Claim, The Snowball Effect....

My car went in last week for the mandatory dash rattle. Whilst it was in I thought I'd get a couple of minor issues sorted aswell, handbrake tightened, steering wheel slightly off centre, no probs.........

When I went to pick it up, the upholstery was dirty, both front seats and rear seat!! This is the cellensia seating. So naturally I complained.

They said they would send it back to the cleaners and I took the courtesy car back home.

Next day i got a phone call saying they were going to get a professional valeter to look at it...

Today, I am told they cannot fully get the marks out, and Lexus GB have told them to replace the upholstery!

This will take 2 weeks or so to get from Japan though.

The snowball grows....

Should i complain do you think? Or wait to see if they get the job done properly...

i would be a bit peeved that it happened in the first place, I would complain about that. but on the other hand they realise someone made a mistake and are putting it right, I would wait and see what happens after the new items are fitted - if there are marks etc then complain

1) Dont take the car back until they have cleaned/replaced the material/seats - insist you keep the courtesy car!!

2) Tell LGB - this is appalling!!

3) Ask them how they got the back seat dirty (unless you know they were working in that area)

That old thread about "crown slipping" needs to be resurrected!!! The dealer service seems to be dropping all of the time. This is unacceptable mate!

I was always dubious about the base Escaine/Sport Celensia stuff and so went Pembroke (Charcoal) Leather in the SE...the cars at the "Open Road" looked quite grubby inside. Mind you to mark it permanently is something else.

I really hope they sort this out for you and offer you something as a compensation...you really do deserve it to maintain any goodwill!!

PS - maybe get it "scotchguarded" when they've fixed it - it's DIY and only costs a few quid of eBay!!

HI I am sure they wil see it right even it means full replacement of the seats. I drove a sports demo only a few months old and the seats show a lot of wear I wonder how much the fabric was tested prior to being fittted

alan

I had experienced a few times when tried to fix one thing it introduced another including dirt, mark, scratch or rattle if you look hard enough. I would not go back now if anything not really necessary. I always noted down the ODO reading making sure that my Lex is not used for any other purpose. In your case, I think it's been used for some pickup. You should complain to LGB if you have evidence.

I forgot to make a note of the odo, will do in future. But there was no reason for anyone to be in the back of the car.....

I will check the average fuel consumption when I pick it up, because I do know that.

I will be contacting LGB, but I want to be get the work done first and be in possesion of all the facts. I will also check the odo when it goes back in to have the seat covers replaced in a couple of weeks.

My main worry is that its now had the dashboard out, and the seat covers replaced and its only 5 weeks old....

They better have it back to "as new" condition and no rattles afterwards or I will be taking this further. I am not happy!

Got the car back on Saturday and life's good again!

It was unfortunate it happened but now the marks have gone in the back and passenger's side. There is still a small mark on drivers side, but the are to replace this bit of the upholstery.

The dash rattle is gone, anf the other bits and pieces were done first time.

I am very happy to get my car back!!

I hope these issues are behind me now because, to be fair, the car is fantastic!! :winky:

Roonaldo.

Good to hear that things were fixed and car back.

Mine is in today to have:

Front driver's seat replaced due to squeaks,

Rattles looked at in centre of dash around speaker,

Seatbelt recall/replacement.

So, hope it all comes back without marks, more rattles, etc.

Only good point is they have lent me a RX350 to drive while the IS250 is being fixed. :D

Roonaldo.

Good to hear that things were fixed and car back.

Mine is in today to have:

Front driver's seat replaced due to squeaks,

Rattles looked at in centre of dash around speaker,

Seatbelt recall/replacement.

So, hope it all comes back without marks, more rattles, etc.

Only good point is they have lent me a RX350 to drive while the IS250 is being fixed. :D

Nice one - hope it gets sorted for both of you.

Rap03 - what do you think of the RX350? I thought it was absolutely fantastic when I drove one a couple of weeks ago...very roomy, good ride, quiet etc but when you brake hard it pitches and makes you feel like your on the big dipper!!

Very impressive I thought!

hi

Glad your car is sorted I got mine back quiet and enjoying the drive Lexus did put some miles on the to test it extensvely for rattles but gave it back with a full tank to compensate I thought you would get good service from james in the end.

alan

Jamboo.

Yes, the ride is really good. Up higher and view is great. It's an auto, so has a great feel and good torque, so quick off the mark. The seats feel more comfortable than the IS.

Haven't testing the breaking to that extreme. The cornering is not as good as the IS, but that is expected.

As my wife is only 5 foot tall, she actually prefers getting in & out of the RX over the IS. She wants to keep the RX. Dealership said they have to stop using the RX as a loan car, everybody wants to keep them. :D

Overall, a great car, and one I would get if I want to give up my mid life sport crisis and go back to a 4WD. Also, they cost about another $10-15K Aussie over the IS I got.

P.S. We were robbed in the World Cup! :angry:

Well. Finally got the car back late on Friday afternoon after being in the dealership for 5 days.

The seat squeak has been fixed with a new seat.

The rattle in the dash, well, they put some sort of insulation around it, but guess what, after a day of driving, it is back, but not as bad and at this stage when going over some larger bumps. Will monitor further.

Wind noise on driver's side was supposidly fixed with replacing a rubber seal, well, don't think it has made much difference.

And the reason it was in for 5 days was the seatbelt recall. They kept being sent seat belt packages with two of the same side seatbelts, but then late on Friday afternoon discovered that a pack for another car had a left and right and so it was decided to use on my car. The only issue, dare I say, I don't believe they had time for a test drive and hence I now have a rattle in the pillar when going over bumps.

Arrrrrrrggggggggggggg.

:angry:

Well. Finally got the car back late on Friday afternoon after being in the dealership for 5 days.

The seat squeak has been fixed with a new seat.

The rattle in the dash, well, they put some sort of insulation around it, but guess what, after a day of driving, it is back, but not as bad and at this stage when going over some larger bumps. Will monitor further.

Wind noise on driver's side was supposidly fixed with replacing a rubber seal, well, don't think it has made much difference.

And the reason it was in for 5 days was the seatbelt recall. They kept being sent seat belt packages with two of the same side seatbelts, but then late on Friday afternoon discovered that a pack for another car had a left and right and so it was decided to use on my car. The only issue, dare I say, I don't believe they had time for a test drive and hence I now have a rattle in the pillar when going over bumps.

Arrrrrrrggggggggggggg.

:angry:

Feel it for you buddy. I just leave the stereo on 25+, that way I don't hear any rattles (though I don't think mine has any, except for a murmur from the passenger B post).

The dealers are quite inconsistent at fixing these. I believe that for Lexus to have fixed this at the factory they should have known the exact causes and communicated it internationally to all of the dealers with the proper fixes.

We have to give them the official opportunity to make sure new cars don't roll off the line with any of the know proplems.

I am worried that our early cars will be labelled as rattlers and this may affect their saleability. That's the big worry, especially when you've paid with your own hard earnt cash! Even Lex dealers may give us less as there is a chance that once out of manufacturer warranty they will be back with rattles and an unhappy customer...

:tsktsk:

Lets wait and see...