Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Tunes / I Pod Library

Adie

Can somebody please help me out..

I've managed to delete the Ipod / Itunes from my computer. This included all 3000+ songs that I have on my ipod. I've reinstalled Itunes but obviously there are no tunes on it.

I've still got the tunes stored on my ipod but when I plug it into my computer the ipod will automatically update with my current library from itunes. As my current library has no tunes on it, it will wipe all the music off my ipod..

Is there anyway i can re-install the music off my ipod into my itunes library?

Thanks

You can get free ware programs to swipe the stuff off your ipod. I know this has been done on apple Macs. Run a search on google Adie for these type of software.

Ive found this site: http://www.thelittleappfactory.com/applica...php?app=iPodRip

I'll keep adding to this when I find them mate.

Another site: http://www.lifehacker.com/software/feature...ipod-151662.php

Edited by Kazi

You can get free ware programs to swipe the stuff off your ipod. I know this has been done on Apple Macs. Run a search on google Adie for these type of software.

Ive found this site: http://www.thelittleappfactory.com/applica...php?app=iPodRip

Thanks mate. I'll take a gander at them..

Can you not disable the auto update? Mine doesn't do it automatically, I just drag and drop the files from my library to the Ipod and the same from the Ipod to the computer.

Not sure mate. I've not thought of that :blush: I've been too scared to try anything yet incase I delete everything off the ipod too.

You can get free ware programs to swipe the stuff off your ipod. I know this has been done on Apple Macs. Run a search on google Adie for these type of software.

Thanks mate. I'll take a gander at them..

Can you not disable the auto update? Mine doesn't do it automatically, I just drag and drop the files from my library to the Ipod and the same from the Ipod to the computer.

Not sure mate. I've not thought of that :blush: I've been too scared to try anything yet incase I delete everything off the ipod too.

It shouldnt delete anything if you select to turn off auto update. As Ive said though dude, there are a number of software writers out that that have cracked the apple digital locking. The iPod itself won't let you drag and drop stuff.

Found another one mate: http://www.bestshareware.net/ipod-data-recovery-software.htm

Even if you delete iTunes your music should be stored in your "My Music" folder in Windows. You can then simply reimport everything from there back into iTunes.

I have done that a few times when I was having trouble with my iPod Shuffle.

you should find the location of your library under EDIT/PREFERENCES/ADVANCED/GENERAL. In theory the files will still be there so simply import the whole directory back into Itunes. Good luck.

Even if you delete iTunes your music should be stored in your "My Music" folder in Windows. You can then simply reimport everything from there back into iTunes.

Its there where I deleted them from in the first place. I didnt realise that it all stored in the same place. I thought it was all seperate, so deleted from my music and it also deleted from my itunes

Its there where I deleted them from in the first place. I didnt realise that it all stored in the same place. I thought it was all seperate, so deleted from my music and it also deleted from my itunes

Ahh! :o

Sorry I don't know what else to do.

Ahh! :o

Sorry I don't know what else to do.

No probs mate.. It just suprised me and really ****** me off that it was all connected :blush:

When you connect your ipod again it should ask you whether you want auto update to be turned on or not. You should then just select no.

I use a program called 'ipod agent' to copy songs from my ipod to my computer. Simple program but does the job. Should be able to google it!!

Thanks for all your help guys. I shall give them a go.. :D

Another quick :question: Can you import mp3s from the hard drive to itunes library using these programs? Instead of having to put it onto a cd first and then uploading them that way. The tunes have been downloaded and not through itunes so it doesnt recognise them :duh:

Thanks for all your help guys. I shall give them a go.. :D

Another quick :question: Can you import mp3s from the hard drive to itunes library using these programs? Instead of having to put it onto a cd first and then uploading them that way. The tunes have been downloaded and not through itunes so it doesnt recognise them :duh:

Erm - I import (let's say: legally) downloaded mp3's into itunes all the time - just drag 'em into the main "library" window (although bear in mind that if the mp3 doesn't have that trackname/artist/album info set in the IDtag itunes will list it as blank artist/album etc.). What kind of error message (if any) do you get when you try that?

:tsktsk: Right.. I've downloaded the new version of Itunes.. and have plugged the ipod in.... now it says its not formatted and wants to restore which completely erases the ipod returning it to factory settings :crybaby: :tsktsk:

:tsktsk: Right.. I've downloaded the new version of Itunes.. and have plugged the ipod in.... now it says its not formatted and wants to restore which completely erases the ipod returning it to factory settings :crybaby: :tsktsk:

Try Ephpod - use it to copy all tunes from pod to hard drive. Then once that's done, let iTunes format the pod if it really wants to, then you should be able to import the tunes from your hard drive back into itunes and then back onto the pod.

Try Ephpod - use it to copy all tunes from pod to hard drive. Then once that's done, let iTunes format the pod if it really wants to, then you should be able to import the tunes from your hard drive back into itunes and then back onto the pod.

Tried that..

The drive you have chosen does not appear to have the

proper iPod directory structure. All iPods have a main

directory called ipod_control, and several subdirectories,

including 20 hidden directories of music files.

You will not be able to continue with EphPod unless you

build this directory structure.

When I click on build directory it then says error cannot build directory

Hold up there Ad... deleted files can be recovered using special software ...... deleting only "loses" the address on the harddrive, the data is still there!

3000 tracks... it's surely won't trying to recover for the price of this software.....

Tried that..

The drive you have chosen does not appear to have the

proper iPod directory structure. All iPods have a main

directory called ipod_control, and several subdirectories,

including 20 hidden directories of music files.

You will not be able to continue with EphPod unless you

build this directory structure.

When I click on build directory it then says error cannot build directory

arse - that doesn't sound good. Like Noel said: you could try some data recovery software but I've never had much luck with them myself. sorry.

Hold up there Ad... deleted files can be recovered using special software ...... deleting only "loses" the address on the harddrive, the data is still there!

3000 tracks... it's surely won't trying to recover for the price of this software.....

What software is that mate?

Ad there are loads of programmes out there, never needed one so can't comment on which is best...

A quick google on what to do if you deleted you files off your PC ie when reinstalling... came up with this link

Fixing the mess! :winky:

Lots of suggestions on there before doing anything drastic......worth trying mate :)

Click on "Getting started" on the right side of the screen

Typical uses

If you experience a computer or hard drive crash, upgrade to a new computer or iPod, got your computer stolen or lost, this method will let you repopulate your iTunes library from your iPod.

hope this helps

Bollocks...Bollocks....Bollocks.....

Cheers for that Noel.. It doesnt seem to register the ipod :blink: It just says that the pc cant read the ipod as it needs formatting :crybaby: Looks like I better right down the 3000 + songs I've downloaded onto it and start again :crying: