Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Eagle Has Landed

Have been having a busy time ....moving to the North and buying a house ...and today picked up my IS250 SE MM that I ordered in February.!!!!!!! in the South where I used to live.

I will have saved approx 18000 euro by moving to NI(UK).

Hope to have a good weekend getting used to this beauty!!! :D :)

Hi RO1.No VRT £38 to register here and £190 12mths road tax...also w800i direct DL of phone book....great!!!...just been out in the dark enjoying pressing buttond......gone back about 30 years....great!!!!

I'm from the north too and it would sicken you how much they expect you to pay down there!!

Although the petrol price is a lot better! Suppose that doesn't really bother you either as you can still nip over the border. :winky:

Enjoy the new car.

Bryan, we can nip over the border to buy a car, but to register it in the republic will require payment of VRT (vehicle registration tax). On a car with a 2 litre or higher engine, this is 30% of the open market selling price of the car. So, not just 30% of the UK value, but 30% of the Irish selling price after the 30% has been put on! This is in addition to 21% VAT. My IS250 SE auto cost EUR 58,500 or GBP 39,000.

I'm still happy with it! (apart from a rattle that the dealer made worse)

Hi,

Enjoy your Weekend with your Brand New Car B)

Its been a Great day for a drive Today.

I set off early and drove over to Wales to have my car checked over after having new parts fitted.....Ended up going to Barri Island and what a Great day we had...Lovely Sunny day.

Today was a good day to test the aircon.

Cheers

Chips..