Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Proud New Owner!

Well despite warnings I have gone ahead and bought my used RX300 SEL in Alutian Grey. Its an 04 plate with a little over 17k miles on it.

In the very limited time I have had it I am very pleased. OK it isn't as quick off the line as my IS and it does feel a lot bigger. But I like it.

So far no noticable "lurch".

Still getting to grips with all the tricks and toys on it. My youngest loves it being so much higher up than in the IS. She fell asleep when I test drove one a few months ago, and tonight after I picked up the car after a short ride she was asleep again, now that HAS to be a good thing.

Well despite warnings I have gone ahead and bought my used RX300 SEL in Alutian Grey. Its an 04 plate with a little over 17k miles on it.

In the very limited time I have had it I am very pleased. OK it isn't as quick off the line as my IS and it does feel a lot bigger. But I like it.

Still getting to grips with all the tricks and toys on it. My youngest loves it being so much higher up than in the IS. She fell asleep when I test drove one a few months ago, and tonight after I picked up the car after a short ride she was asleep again, now that HAS to be a good thing.

Hi Damer,

picking up my IS 250 SE L auto tomorrow and leaving my RX 300 SE L .You are very correct in saying the RX is a great drive ,enjoy it

cheers

swager

Hi Damer

The name is Roy also from the Stockport area (Marple Bridge to be precise) now living in the North Cotswolds.

I bought our mint RX300 (2003 year with 25k on the clock just over a fortnight back) I moved away from Mercedes. I must be honest. It is the nicest car I have ever driven

We have had a Brink towbar and light set fitted and we have just returned from a 400 mile round trip (with a 17ft Tabbert caravan on the back round Somerset, Wiltshire and into Dorset... She tows like a dream. The cooling fans never came on. The temp gauge hardly moved from the centre position and my fuel figures according to the computer are 28.6 average without the van .. 19.5 when towing... Not quite as good as the Merc which was a 3 litre diesel . I am however very satisfied. Like yourself we have no problem whatsoever with 'lurching' ... Lucky maybe ? I don't know...

All in all at this stage the best purchase we have made ... The Lexus dealer (Oxford) have been superb in every respect.. Put the Merc agents to shame. Good luck.. Let us all know how you get on from time to time .