Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fancy A New Watch.......opinions Please!

Kazi

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Onnly thing im concerned with in regards to TAG, there is soooooo many fakes out there......kinda puts me off. These are only three ive briefly looked at, if you can think of any more, im open to offers.

Tag for me!

It looks the most expensive and is not as "fussy" as the other two.

It looks the most expensive?? Tag's are pretty cheap in comparison to a Breitling!! I bought a Tag Kirium... must of only paid about 550 pounds. Now using an Omega Speedmaster, and i def. prefer the Omega.

Out of the three though, id still choose a breitling. Not many people wear them.

omega, i have the same one pictured what a brill watch and it has held its value, always wanted a bretling but not the one pictured, so i say omega seamaster there is a reason why james bond wears one!!!!

Kazi,hows bout RADO,do you not fancy something like that?

I've got a Rado ceramica mulifunction and it's very understated, not at all bling.

Breitlings are wonderfully made but they're usually pretty chunky, skinny people look funny wearing a Breitling. My mate can barely lift his skinny arm up when he wears his and feels self-conscious as it's really expensive, so he wears his Omega instead.

I agree about the TAG looking fake, as that's what put me off.

Omega make nice watches too, although the James Bond connection puts me off.

yeah that ceramic watch is nice,rado have a similar range of ceramic watches.Kazi what is the budget?

Nothing more than around £3k.

Thanks for all your input people. Just having a looook now at some of the suggestions. :D

Just rang our local and only stockist in my town of good watches, Omega are reducing the number of stockists by 150 and have over time increased their watch prices to make them more exclusive.

I have been very pleased with my Omega Seamaster, (plain one) and have lost very little money off mine in three years.

Im still drawn towards the Omega more than anything else at present but not in a hurry to rule anything else out. :)

Kazi the most ive ever spent on a watch is £1300,£3k is an awesome budget,but save a couple of hundred out of the 3k for a good safe.Out of the three I would certainly go for the Omega.

yeah that ceramic watch is nice,rado have a similar range of ceramic watches.Kazi what is the budget?

Nothing more than around £3k.

Thanks for all your input people. Just having a looook now at some of the suggestions. :D

Just rang our local and only stockist in my town of good watches, Omega are reducing the number of stockists by 150 and have over time increased their watch prices to make them more exclusive.

I have been very pleased with my Omega Seamaster, (plain one) and have lost very little money off mine in three years.

Im still drawn towards the Omega more than anything else at present but not in a hurry to rule anything else out. :)

With a budget of £3K I would forget any of the three that you have been looking at. Whist they are fine watches they are not in the same class as Panerai, Audemars Piguet, Blancpain, Breguet, Chopard (some), Glasshute, Frank Muller, IWC, Jaeger-le-Coultre and you might even find a Vacherin Constantin at £3K if you're lucky although you won't get an A. Lange & Sohne or a Patek Phillipe for that money. There are many others too numerous to mention here. A lot of these manufacturers still make their own in house movements and these are highly desireable pieces. £3K or less will buy you at least one model of most of the above or for that matter a Rolex with a lot of change. Take a look at www.collectorstime.com who has a great selection at very competitive prices and is also very trustworthy. (I have bought from him) Even if you get done for duties etc the favourable exchange rate will still make it cheap. There is virtually no watch in your budget that will show you a profit over time allowing for inflation unless you are lucky or wise enough to buy trade and sell retail (a bit like cars really). What you will get with a well looked after quality watch is a lifetime of service and minimum depreciation. I would absolutely agree that you should avoid all quartz watches and their like. Mechanical is the way to go and it does not matter whether it is automatic or hand wind.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Kent.

Kazi just checked out the Patek Phillipe watches kent is talking bout.they are v nice.You arent looking for a dressy watch tho are you,as the ones that you have selected seem to be robust not delicate.

Kazi just checked out the Patek Phillipe watches kent is talking bout.they are v nice.You arent looking for a dressy watch tho are you,as the ones that you have selected seem to be robust not delicate.

Patek Phillipe are probably the finest watchmakers in the world but as I said, £3k is unlikely to buy one. They do the Nautilus and the Aquanaut models which are robust and suitable for those with an active lifestyle. Most of the Major Watchmakers have at least a few sports models in their inventory. I have owned a lot of watches in the past but I must admit that a Patek has always been out of my reach especially as some of them can cost as much as a new Lexus! Still, one day maybe! The Vacherin Constantin Overseas Model is another very very handsome sports style watch and is close to a budget of £3K if you import. As a previous poster pointed out, stainless steel offers the best value. Who wants to buy Gold or Platinum and then wrap it round a watch movement?

Regards,

Kent.

Patek Phillipe are probably the finest watchmakers in the world but as I said, £3k is unlikely to buy one. They do the Nautilus and the Aquanaut models which are robust and suitable for those with an active lifestyle. Most of the Major Watchmakers have at least a few sports models in their inventory. I have owned a lot of watches in the past but I must admit that a Patek has always been out of my reach especially as some of them can cost as much as a new Lexus! Still, one day maybe! The Vacherin Constantin Overseas Model is another very very handsome sports style watch and is close to a budget of £3K if you import. As a previous poster pointed out, stainless steel offers the best value. Who wants to buy Gold or Platinum and then wrap it round a watch movement?

Regards,

Kent.

Kent - Pierce Brosnan who is also an embassidor for Omega, is the only one who represents Omega and does not have to wear one. Ive been lead to believe he actually wears a Patek Phillipe. £3K would not get me one of those thats for sure.

Briefly looked at Rolex and thought they were :sick: all to much in your face. Not nice at all. There others mentioned im sure are great examples but although keen eyes can spot nice watches and non commercial brand names, they are probably not heard of at all by many people who arent so clued up and so I feel, a guess a snobbery thing also plays a part in what I buy. Bit like when I bought the Lex. The badge is in essence is important.

Rsarin - Got a safe already mate for my current time peice :D

My watch was for sale up until 30 mins ago :o just sold to a customer randomly! He saw the watch brochures on my desk and I got talking to him, now SOLD! so thats a good result! Trouble is, its put a bit more urgence on me sorting another out now.

Took the plundge and order the Omega, my luck its not in stock and there is a 3 week delivery time :crybaby:

Still, negotiated a 20% discount :D

Many thanks for all your input :D