Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Hire Abroad

GWilso

Hi guys,

As topic states i'm off abroad (honeymoon) in a few months i'm off to Cala D'or in Spain ive been advised that Cala D'or is a little bit remote and car hire would be a better option for visiting some of the sites i've been looking around natrually for a good deal, And it seems that if i use the local spanish company's im getting an extremley good deal (although i'm only looking online) VW golf or simillar for £120ish per week Grande Punto for around £80ish and all these qoutes are inclusive with insurance excess and DEW but natuarally being abroad i'm wary of rip off mercahnts in case of something going wrong etc. I don't want to be stung in the wallett worst case senario writing of a motor and being left buggard but if i look at Hertz rental etc i'm paying a bit over the odds but if it makes it a safer option then fine (although i'm pretty sure that Hertz would sub contract to a spanish company anyway)

has anyone been there and got any recomendations never been there so you when you book online you don't know if your booking the dodgey back street shop or not

You will get a better deal if you book local.

By better I mean cheaper.

But to make sure that your ar$e is covered I would go with somebody like Hertz.

I would also book it in the UK through them before you set off.

It's more expensive but if peace of mind is what you are after then I would go for that.

Hi guys,

As topic states i'm off abroad (honeymoon) in a few months i'm off to Cala D'or in Spain ive been advised that Cala D'or is a little bit remote and car hire would be a better option for visiting some of the sites i've been looking around natrually for a good deal, And it seems that if i use the local spanish company's im getting an extremley good deal (although i'm only looking online) VW golf or simillar for £120ish per week Grande Punto for around £80ish and all these qoutes are inclusive with insurance excess and DEW but natuarally being abroad i'm wary of rip off mercahnts in case of something going wrong etc. I don't want to be stung in the wallett worst case senario writing of a motor and being left buggard but if i look at Hertz rental etc i'm paying a bit over the odds but if it makes it a safer option then fine (although i'm pretty sure that Hertz would sub contract to a spanish company anyway)

has anyone been there and got any recomendations never been there so you when you book online you don't know if your booking the dodgey back street shop or not

You dont want to be driving about on your honeymoon :lol::lol: :o :o

B)-->

QUOTE(T7RY B @ Jun 24 2006, 05:47 AM)

You will get a better deal if you book local.

By better I mean cheaper.

But to make sure that your ar$e is covered I would go with somebody like Hertz.

I would also book it in the UK through them before you set off.

It's more expensive but if peace of mind is what you are after then I would go for that.

I'd agree, we used Hertz in the past, very good service. We went over to Ireland last year, picked the car up from the airport got about 1 hour away when the engine management light came on. They had an upgraded replacement to us within 30 mins. Also got £50 off the fortnights rental for the inconvenience.

I found the best way is to pre-book on line with a well known company.

Look at Hertz/Avis/Europcar.Most convenient is to pick it up/drop off at the airport-they all have offices in most main airports-or if you prefer to take a taxi to your resort you can collect your car from the nearest offices.

And yes,you do get genuine Hertz etc.,not subcontracted.

I have used them (and most recently Europcar).Had good clean new cars(barely run in).

Well worth booking in advance on internet-will get a better price than when they have you over a barrell when you're at their counter!

Also internet is great for comparing prices-I noticed vast differences in like for like cars even amongst the premium companies.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links