Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220d Question

Hi,

My car has just gone in for repair (2005 Lexus is200 SE) and i have been loaned a BMW 320D (2006 model).

When getting away from traffic lights, junctions very quick from 0, it takes a second or two for the turbo to kick in, and have found this a pain when getting out into small gaps.

I know, because of this problem, my Lex could have iy away to about 30, but i am wondering does the new one have this problem, or is it just the germans.

Also, at around 85mph, i have to fight with the steering to keep it in line, but with my Lex it stays in a line no matter what

Cheers,

The 220d SE (dunno about the sport) is also not fast of the mark. Turbo kicks in at about 2000 rpm, but first and second are short gears.

Steering wise, it's rock solid at 85 mph and above.

Back to the match...

Cheers.

If im doing about 30mph in the BMW, and place my foot to the floor, it stays at 30mph for a good second, before turbo boosts me

Bag of rubbish

The IS220d SE is pretty nippy from 30 mph in 3rd and you will feel the turbo kick in if you floor it.

Cheers.

If im doing about 30mph in the BMW, and place my foot to the floor, it stays at 30mph for a good second, before turbo boosts me

Bag of rubbish

The IS220d SE is pretty nippy from 30 mph in 3rd and you will feel the turbo kick in if you floor it.

Is that even in D mode. Dont think ill be buying one in the near future anyways, as this BMW has put me off a Diesel.

Is that even in D mode. Dont think ill be buying one in the near future anyways, as this BMW has put me off a Diesel.

The 220d is manual only (unfortunately), I'm assuming the 320D was an auto ?

Yes.

Didnt realise you couldnt have Auto in the 220D. That has put me off then!!!

Yeah, it didnt seam to drop down when you booted it, navigation was a pain to delete destinations, my wife managed to get the key out with the engine running (unsure how she did this) but the parking aids are superb!

Yes.

Didnt realise you couldnt have Auto in the 220D. That has put me off then!!!

Yeah, it didnt seam to drop down when you booted it, navigation was a pain to delete destinations, my wife managed to get the key out with the engine running (unsure how she did this) but the parking aids are superb!

I've been driving a 320D for two weeks now while my IS300 is having its rear sorted after being kissed on the bottom by a young lady on the M25 who got her shoe trapped between the pedals!

I hate this BMW: the ride, seats lack of go, and the inside is crap but it does corner very well but it is very noisy!