Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ebay Fees Scam

MacRS200

Just had an E-Mail supposedly from eBay saying my account is in arrears and demanding immediate payment or my account will be suspended.

It's a scam, the link goes to some dodgy Rumanian site.

Be warned folks.

Not a scam as such but the other day I nearly bought a 4GB SD Card from an individual. The bid ended up at a reasonable price but the postage and packing (from the UK) was something like £18!!! For something the size of a postage stamp that was obviously just a way of getting more money for it but hiding the fact.

I bought elsewhere instead and got one for a reasonable £50. (Now got 8Gb storage on my Palm PDA B) )

Just had an E-Mail supposedly from eBay saying my account is in arrears and demanding immediate payment or my account will be suspended.

Be warned folks.

apparently if you click a link by these 'phishers' they can see your internet history and see what sites you have been to, if you have been to any bank sites they can then make up realistic looking fake emails.

NEVER CLICK ON LINKS IN AN EMAIL FROM SOMEONE THAT YOU ARE NOT 100% SURE ABOUT

Be warned folks.

apparently if you click a link by these 'phishers' they can see your internet history and see what sites you have been to, if you have been to any bank sites they can then make up realistic looking fake emails.

NEVER CLICK ON LINKS IN AN EMAIL FROM SOMEONE THAT YOU ARE NOT 100% SURE ABOUT

Yep Big time. I've had severral recently, sent them to e-bay who said they were fake spoofs. They can get quite convincing, so if in the slightest doubt, send it to the security centre and they'll tell u within a short space of time..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links