Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Series 1 Rx300 - Eratic Revs

My 2002 Rx300 seems to have developed some eratic revving which maybe you can help me on.

It generally occurs when:

1. Coming to a halt at traffic lights - Just as I am coming to a halt, with my foot on the brake, the revs rise to approx 1200rpm resulting in the car trying to fight against me

2. Going down hill - With no foot on either the throttle or brake the revs drop (you can feel the decelleration) and then the revs rise again causing a bit of a jolt.

Its all a bit of a nightmare really. I will book into Lexus for next week but just wondered if anybody has experienced anything similar.

The car is converted to run on lpg but the problem occurs during both petrol and lpg running.

Any reply appreciated.

Thanks.

SJT....

B)-->

QUOTE(T7RY B @ Jun 28 2006, 07:49 AM)

Did this happen before you had the LPG conversion done?

T7RY B

The problem started a few hundred miles ago. The car has been lpg converted for over 10k now so I dont think I should assume it is that.

Thanks for your input.

SJT

I was told that on some LPG conversions that they have to be re-calibrated?

After so many thousand miles?

Maybe it's worth having it hooked up to the Laptop to see if all your settings are okay.?

B)-->

QUOTE(T7RY B @ Jun 28 2006, 01:40 PM)

I was told that on some LPG conversions that they have to be re-calibrated?

After so many thousand miles?

Maybe it's worth having it hooked up to the Laptop to see if all your settings are okay.?

T7RY B

Good idea particularily considering how much Lexus will want to charge me! I'll call the lpg people first!

SJT

I would take the car to the place done your LPG first, I think the gas side needs a service, I am doing my LPG system service every 10K.

Some times you can get "dirty gas", it leaves deposit in your gas system. (your problme sounds on the fual supply side).

Felix

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links