Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Extended Warranty

SmallTorque

Thinking of purchasing a Lexus extended warranty when current three year warranty expires in a few months' time. Does anyone have experience of these - been quoted £580 for each additional year (up to a maximum of four extra years). Seems expensive. Are they worthwhile? What do they cover exactly? Any info appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks, Daffy! Yes - it was bought new and been serviced by Lexus. Just worried that some major things might go, but having since read on the forums about cars reaching huge mileages pretty well trouble-free hopefully my couple of thousand miles a year should not cause too much bother. Fingers crossed!

IMO it's not worth it. as long as you bought your lex in pristine condition, mechanically that is, it'll go a loooooooooooooooong way! they're built to last like tanks!

Very expensive - I beleive that there are 3rd party companies out there that can maintain your warranty beyond the 3 years for cheaper, but definately read what they do/dont cover.

One thing that the Lexus extended warranty wont cover are the alloys corroding (should you be unlucky enough to experience this). These would be one of the most expensive things to replace...

Otherwise, not much expensive stuff (well, costing over the 500 quid you were quoted) goes wrong as such each year.

D.

Thanks everybody for replies. Will probably not bother with extension. FYI alloys were already replaced after one year. Thanks to this forum I pointed out a few noticeable "bubbles" at initial service and

wheels were replaced without further ado with, I think, refurbished ones (which have a sort of pearly finish and to my mind look better than originals!) The replacements appear to be doing pretty well - even though I live only a few yards from the sea, but I do at least wash the wheels regularly!