Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brand New Type Of Rattle?

Over the last couple of days I've noticed a metallic rattling sound when I close the boot of my 220D.

It appears to be the heatshield around the exhaust that's causing it - if I lean under the car and twang the heatshield, I get - as well as a few funny looks - a rattling sound as if it were moving against something (although it seems well fixed in, and not hitting the exhaust itself).

Anyone experienced anything similar? Or know of an easy fix?

Over the last couple of days I've noticed a metallic rattling sound when I close the boot of my 220D.

It appears to be the heatshield around the exhaust that's causing it - if I lean under the car and twang the heatshield, I get - as well as a few funny looks - a rattling sound as if it were moving against something (although it seems well fixed in, and not hitting the exhaust itself).

Anyone experienced anything similar? Or know of an easy fix?

Did it on my IS300--- bend the heat-sheild slightly & close your boot more gently:if I slam my IS250 boot I can get the heat-sheild to ping.

Tel :driving: