Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leather Care ..or Not!

A recent article I came acrosss written by an expert in leather care states that other than keeping UV off the leather seats..nothing makes much difference at all. He goes on to state tht using creams and sprays only makes car owners feel that they are doing something to prevent the leather from ageing or cracking I have always used lexol twice a year on on my older cars the leather still looks quite good.. Anyone any comments?

alan

I do mine leather 2-3 times a year, first with the Sonus leather cleaner and then with the Sonus leather cream. I'm convinced it keeps the leather soft, clean and smelling nice. :D

For the Alcantara trim in the Tubby I use the suede cleaning foam followed by the suede protector spray, same like you do your deck shoes with.

After all.....would you never bother cleaning a pair of Church's finest Oxfords? :blink:

I do mine leather 2-3 times a year, first with the Sonus leather cleaner and then with the Sonus leather cream. I'm convinced it keeps the leather soft, clean and smelling nice. :D

For the Alcantara trim in the Tubby I use the suede cleaning foam followed by the suede protector spray, same like you do your deck shoes with.

After all.....would you never bother cleaning a pair of Church's finest Oxfords? :blink:

Mike. what suede cleaner do you use?

Mike. what suede cleaner do you use?

I use the Jonelle products that John Lewis stores sell. No reason other than it works and the cans last for ages.

- Suede and nubuck cleaner foam shampoo

- Shoe protector, rain and stain resistant