Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ripped Off By A Member

I'll start this with an apology as i really do not like posting things like this but the current situation has now become ridiculous and i have had enough of being understanding and laid back.

As some of you may have been aware, some months ago i agreed to purchase a front bumper for the Lexus off a fellow member as part of the mods etc i was doing for JAE.

So far i have had a long list of excuses and still no bumper.

the saga begins quite innocently (these are unedited messages)

"LOL no mate, i checked my account on thursdayand although it haden't cleaeed it was there, if it wasent so big you would have it by now but with a bumper they take forever to pick it up and i wanted to make sure it wrapped right, about 26 meters of bubble wrap was used."

so i know the bank transfer went through 24th April

"hi austin, ive booked the couier to come this week, they said it will be collect thursday/friday as they have been busy but i can trust them not to break it. Its all wrapped with tonnes of bubble wrap etc.

i'll let you know when it has left my place mate"

sounds good doesn't it bumper on the way that was 24th April

two weeks later i am still wondering where the bumper is so i ask the quetion and get this response on the 8th May

"****** me austin you must be spying on me, i was just PMing you about the bumper, at half 3 got a knock at the door and they had returned the bumper back to me as the label seems to have been ripped off or come off somehow? with 3 layers of tape over it *** knows how it came off but anyways ive unwrapped it made sure its not damaged which it isn't and i'll get it back out to you tomorrow, i was all excited aswell thought i got a present!!

sorry about the delay"

Ok thats plausible i can accept that no problem however May the 23rd still no bumper again another message is sent.

"austin i have to say sorry for this delay amte, ive been so busy with uni exams in the last 10days i havent had a chance to get it back out to you, i romsie if its not with yo sometime next week i'll hire a van and bring it myself, really sorry mate, dont wanna take the ***** here with you, but you WILL have it next week, its all ready to go its just i have my last exams this week, but will get it out when i can."

As you will imagine i am slightlly annoyed but i think well its a gold member and everyones been genuine i've dealt with in the past i'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Again time passes till June 14th by this time i really am beginning to get worried about being had over so i send yet another message. To which i get this response

hi austin,

sorry for the delay in reply, ok im having a problem getting a courier to send the bumper mate, the cheapest i have had a quote from with £200 insurance is 109 +vat, please leave it with me for another day or so and i'll havesomething sorted out.

So from the begining the price of the courier has gone from £50 when you originally claim to have sent it to £109, are you sure you tried to send it originally.

After that message i did leave it till last week and after no more responses i sent a message asking for the return of my money i think from April 24th to June 29th and beyond is a long time to wait without smelling a rat when monies have already changed hands.

As of yet i have received no reply and i know the message must have been read as i sent it prior to the members last time online.

I'm trying to use this medium as a last ditch attempt to get the point through that i do take the loss of my hard earned cash seriously and i'm not as laid back as i appear. I am not sure what the legal term is

( obtaining money by deception) but i am prepared to ask my solicitor, the bank and anyone else who may be interested.

I hope the offending party reads this post and takes the hint that i am annoyed and i do intend to take action if things are not sorted out relatively rapidly.

I think 10 days from the date of this post before i post names in clear is a reasonable amount of time, that way you can't say you haven't been warned.

Austin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a independent person i dont know or have never the 2 people involved it could be:

a. the seller has had a lot of misfortune, but is very slack in replying /getting it sorted.

b. has not bothered to send the item

either way its not really on but i hope that you get it sorted asap - i am sure you will following your post

If you believe the member is being truthful ,then

when he first "sent" the item and it was returned with the label missing!

How come the "courier" price has since doubled.

It very much sounds like you are being had over.

I have had a few dealings within the LOC community bought & sold.

I am happy to say that all went well both ways.

It is a shame when this happens amongst people you regard as mates.

I would name & shame 'cos it's not like he's not had plenty of chances to put things right.

He checked quickly enough to make sure your payment was in his bank.

He should have been as quick to post your goods.

Name him to avoid other members being in the same situation.

I've sold a few things on ebay and I'd feel really bad if I failed to send them the next working day.

As soon as it's paid for, it's gone, before I get the chance to forget! :lol:

B)-->

QUOTE(T7RY B @ Jun 29 2006, 04:30 PM)

If you believe the member is being truthful ,then

when he first "sent" the item and it was returned with the label missing!

How come the "courier" price has since doubled.

It very much sounds like you are being had over.

I have had a few dealings within the LOC community bought & sold.

I am happy to say that all went well both ways.

It is a shame when this happens amongst people you regard as mates.

I would name & shame 'cos it's not like he's not had plenty of chances to put things right.

He checked quickly enough to make sure your payment was in his bank.

He should have been as quick to post your goods.

Name him to avoid other members being in the same situation.

Totally agree.

You must be in a fair bit of a frustrating situation.

I've been there before and know how annoying it is.

So who is it?

Hope something gets sorted in the end...

D.

Definitely not on... the exchange of cash for goods or services is considered to be a contract. If the cash is paid and the goods not provided, that is theft. If the goods are provided and no cash is paid, that too is theft.

Such behaviour brings disrepute to the LOC and its membership, in my opinion, and aside from being named+shamed, Fargo'ed and Scarface'd, the individual should also be duly removed from LOC membership and barred from returning.

Just my 0.02 Euros.

Leland

Definitely not on... the exchange of cash for goods or services is considered to be a contract. If the cash is paid and the goods not provided, that is theft. If the goods are provided and no cash is paid, that too is theft.

Such behaviour brings disrepute to the LOC and its membership, in my opinion, and aside from being named+shamed, Fargo'ed and Scarface'd, the individual should also be duly removed from LOC membership and barred from returning.

Just my 0.02 Euros.

Leland

perhaps we could follow it up with a public stoneing :)

or perhaps we should hear from the individual first :whistling:

Just my 0.02 Euros.

Leland

perhaps we could follow it up with a public stoneing :)

or perhaps we should hear from the individual first :whistling:

the whole reason i did not post names to start with was to show exactly how annoyed i am and give a chance for a response. I stick to my original post and will wait for now

Believe me though i do echo some of the posted sentiments :angry: