Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ripped Off By A Member

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't want to spill the beans .... but my money goes on a member with the initials K B

keith bowler ??

I see then... we name and shame the innocent eh.

Perhaps the gentleman would like to withdraw that post 'cos I don't take to kindly to such accusations!!

Get yor facts right mate before you post.

Just to put you all out of your misery it was NOT me OK!!

I have met a couple of guys on here Fargo (fitted my gas hob), Tony (Dr Bones) and have been in touch for some months with the affected party here (Austin)

I thought this was a decent Club, I am now having second thoughts.

If you are at JAE Bazza perhaps we could have a quiet word!!

Keith Bowler

Keith ... there is no need to get like that with Bazza is there ?

It's me that mentioned the KB initials ........... and that was just by looking through Austin's previous posts ............

The only person that can actually shame the person is Austin, so if my remakrs of "KB" have offended you then I appologise ......... wasn't meant that way ..... :)

It's me that mentioned the KB initials ........... and that was just by looking through Austin's previous posts ............

The only person that can actually shame the person is Austin, so if my remakrs of "KB" have offended you then I appologise ......... wasn't meant that way ..... :)

Apology accepted - but people need to be careful before they post to stop others being offended.

no its definately not keith, guys its not a guessing game as i said before the idea of the post was to make it known i wasn't going to just drop it and go quietly off losing money. Again the idea of a timescale is to be reasonable and ensure that it can be sorted without a huge series of recriminations

no its definately not keith, guys its not a guessing game as i said before the idea of the post was to make it known i wasn't going to just drop it and go quietly off losing money.

To be honest, without naming, the thread is pretty pointless, and people will guess, and innocent people then get brought into it.

Looking through your previous posts it doesn't take Einstein to make an edjucated guess to whom you brought it off, but then again it would only be a guess as nothing it confirmed.

Perhaps mods should delete all replies to this thread, and lock and sticky it, until such a time you want to name the accused.

All IMHO for what it's worth.

Well, I don't want to spill the beans .... but my money goes on a member with the initials K B

keith bowler ??

Bazza (and others): the only person who could really name anyone in this kind of thread is LW himself... any third party naming (even in jest) could be misconstrued as libel, and I have seen other forums and their members raked over the coals for 3rd party naming of names in similar situations.

If LW choses not to name and shame in public, that's his perrogative (though I must admit, it would be entertaining if he did... especially entertaining reading any responses from the individual concerned, in this instance) -- it is, however, not on for others to attempt to publicly "fill in the blanks" to name the alleged culprit based on hearsay and innuendo... only LW can do that really.

If LW names the individual publicly, that's fine. Any third party attempting to name, even based on cryptic clues, hearsay, or innuendo runs the risk of implicating an innocent party (as has already been demonstrated here).

Leland

keith bowler ??

I see then... we name and shame the innocent eh.

Perhaps the gentleman would like to withdraw that post 'cos I don't take to kindly to such accusations!!

Get yor facts right mate before you post.

Just to put you all out of your misery it was NOT me OK!!

I have met a couple of guys on here Fargo (fitted my gas hob), Tony (Dr Bones) and have been in touch for some months with the affected party here (Austin)

I thought this was a decent Club, I am now having second thoughts.

If you are at JAE Bazza perhaps we could have a quiet word!!

Keith Bowler

post withdrawn

apology sent

quiet words accepted, hopefully with a beer :blush:

keith has every right

i accept i was wrong,

when i saw those initials the first person that i thought of was keith, it wasnt an accusation, merely fitting a name to the initials

i have given an apology and i hope he can accept it

no its definately not keith, guys its not a guessing game as i said before the idea of the post was to make it known i wasn't going to just drop it and go quietly off losing money. Again the idea of a timescale is to be reasonable and ensure that it can be sorted without a huge series of recriminations

Ok time up :D

Name and shame :tomato:

Ok time up :D

Name and shame :tomato:

TEN days, not one day! :lol:

lelandv > internet forums you cant be done for libel or pretty much anything along those lines.

As for the situation if thats what happened, as 2 sides to every story so I wont be judgemental, I know I know not like me at all. Then if doesnt get sorted may the stoning commence

I can't wait 10 days, this going to bug me now.

Never thought we'd have this type of thing going on the club though - shame really when you can't trust people

I must confess I flipped when I saw earlier posts suggesting I may be the culprit and in hindsight I may just have acted a little hastily.

A big thumbs up to Bazza for putting my mind at rest and Mr Scarface for diffusing the situation.

The problem still remains that a fellow member has been wronged and we need to give our support.

I am sure Austin will confide when he has sorted things out.

I think I know who it is ................. :shifty:

Its not Willy Wonka again is it.. I seem to remember he was the culprit last time :o

lol :lol:

I must confess I flipped when I saw earlier posts suggesting I may be the culprit and in hindsight I may just have acted a little hastily.

A big thumbs up to Bazza for putting my mind at rest and Mr Scarface for diffusing the situation.

The problem still remains that a fellow member has been wronged and we need to give our support.

I am sure Austin will confide when he has sorted things out.

Lets not go accusing whoever fits "KB" now...

As said, Austin's call.

"10 days encounting!"

Anyone do a link to a Javascript countdown thingie? :winky:

D.

lelandv > internet forums you cant be done for libel or pretty much anything along those lines.

You most certainly can.. and I've seen it happen on a few occasions.

It is even more possible on forums which are moderated (which these ones are to a certain extent) since it excludes the argument of being an unmoderated forum. This, under some circumstances, can point a certain amount of responsibility to the moderators, even if they have nothing to do with the topic in question.

In one case, I witnessed a libel complaint on an "unmoderated" forum, and it was upheld that the admins/webmasters of the forum held some responsibility because the forums were CAPABLE of being moderated.

Since these forums are publicly visible (i.e. don't necessarily have to be a member to VIEW them), then these are considerations which need to be taken into account as well.

Leland

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links