Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 220d Flat Battery

Just got back from 2 weeks hol. and got to the airport to find Battery on my 4 month old IS 220DSE was completely dead. RAC chap said he didn't think it would even start on his rechargeable Battery pack. Checked that no interior/trunk lights in on position, which they weren't, and cannot believe that I would have not double checked that the car was locked, so that seems to rule out leaving the ignition button in either of the "non-off" postions. Check on discharge after initial charging didn't show up anything either.

Will run it to dealers for check over but wondered if anyone else has experienced similar problem?

Just got back from 2 weeks hol. and got to the airport to find battery on my 4 month old IS 220DSE was completely dead. RAC chap said he didn't think it would even start on his rechargeable battery pack. Checked that no interior/trunk lights in on position, which they weren't, and cannot believe that I would have not double checked that the car was locked, so that seems to rule out leaving the ignition button in either of the "non-off" postions. Check on discharge after initial charging didn't show up anything either.

Will run it to dealers for check over but wondered if anyone else has experienced similar problem?

Just got back from two weeks away, have to say - no problems, Fired up first time, no chugging, smoke etc. I did notice the 'sensor' in the door handles had turned itself off though and I had to unlock it with the fob. Maybe yours stayed on and discharged it that way?????????????

Just by way of an update, the car is booked into the dealer in about a week. Having eliminated all other possibilities I can only think the drain on the Battery (which was so dead that I lost all radio programmed stations and the average consumption data etc on my trip computer) was down to the security system or other functions that continue when the car is left locked.

My dealer sort of confirms this, saying that although experience with the 220D is still limited, their experience is that the Battery will go flat after between 14 and 28 days. So watch out fellow 220d owners.

Anyone got any ideas about possible solutions?

Just by way of an update, the car is booked into the dealer in about a week. Having eliminated all other possibilities I can only think the drain on the battery (which was so dead that I lost all radio programmed stations and the average consumption data etc on my trip computer) was down to the security system or other functions that continue when the car is left locked.

My dealer sort of confirms this, saying that although experience with the 220D is still limited, their experience is that the battery will go flat after between 14 and 28 days. So watch out fellow 220d owners.

Well that Battery is huge! What I don't understand is why Battery life in a 220d is different to a 250.

When I picked mine up, the salesman told me not to "play" with the MM system for more than a few minutes with the engine off - they had one case of a flat Battery within a few minutes.

The only other thing that I can think of is that the alternator is not up to the job of charging such a huge Battery...wrong spec alternator or something?

Roll on winter....all the rattles come out to play as your Battery goes on strike!!!! :lol:

Just by way of an update, the car is booked into the dealer in about a week. Having eliminated all other possibilities I can only think the drain on the battery (which was so dead that I lost all radio programmed stations and the average consumption data etc on my trip computer) was down to the security system or other functions that continue when the car is left locked.

My dealer sort of confirms this, saying that although experience with the 220D is still limited, their experience is that the battery will go flat after between 14 and 28 days. So watch out fellow 220d owners.

My SE-L is regulary left for 26-30 days while I'm away and I haven't had any problems at all. Starts first time. This has been ongoing since I received the car in December last year, which is why it's only got 2800 miles on it after just over 6 months :blush: (and probably why I don't have any rattles either). :unsure:

My SE-L is regulary left for 26-30 days while I'm away and I haven't had any problems at all. Starts first time. This has been ongoing since I received the car in December last year, which is why it's only got 2800 miles on it after just over 6 months :blush: (and probably why I don't have any rattles either). :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links