Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No More Rattles

My IS 250SE is not due until September but i was becoming concerned over the rising number of rattle reports.

Emailed Alex at lgb and I quote ' lgb has a robust procedure in place which means we fed back early customer comments to Japan and a production change was made at the factory. Your vehicle due in the Autumn should be unaffected by the interior noise problems.'

If rattle reporters stated when they bought their car then a pattern would have emerged to show when the problem was addressed in the factory.

Or am I being naive???

And i don't want responses only from cynics!!!

TomSS

Well I know they're sales fellas but this does sound plausible - the way they make a given car over time does change to reflect improvements and fixes as issues are noticed.

I've pulled cars apart and seen things like little foam pads to stop rattles, so if something is noticed by enough people it will be addressed.

Plus Lexus do have a habit of looking after it's customers a bit more than other manufacturers.

The problem is the word "should" - however it would be impractical to guarantee a car with no rattles because it can easily happen to any car.

My IS 250SE is not due until September but i was becoming concerned over the rising number of rattle reports.

Emailed Alex at lgb and I quote ' lgb has a robust procedure in place which means we fed back early customer comments to Japan and a production change was made at the factory. Your vehicle due in the Autumn should be unaffected by the interior noise problems.'

If rattle reporters stated when they bought their car then a pattern would have emerged to show when the problem was addressed in the factory.

Or am I being naive???

And i don't want responses only from cynics!!!

TomSS

Tom

Sorry, but I dont think Lexus is listening to its customers.

Classic example - I was one off the first customer to report the rattles on my IS 250 SEL(Nov 55). Almost every day it had rattles from diffferent corner/part of the car. Lexus TW became my second home and I eventually traded in my SEL for personal reasons and now got a 250 Sport(Apr 06), guess what - rattles again! Do you think Lexus was listening? From Nov 55 - April 06, several customers had this problem - the new Sport should have been tested for all this..I know they care for the customers, but not quite sure what they are doing...Isnt 6 months a long time for Lexus to address this problem?

I am sure this is not what you want to hear, but maybe the new batch comes rattle free - fingers crossed.

That said apart from rattles, this is a lovely car....

I think you have to give 'em a chance....

If anyone has a rattle from a car which is in stock post July, it might be because the car was manufactured quite early. A left over.

If on the other hand anyone gets a rattle from September onwards, on a car that is ordered from Factory, then I would be concerned.

It would be really interesting to know which parts of the car they claim to have resolved/fixed.

Until April, there was almost a denial that there was any recurring problem in the new IS from LGB. True they conceded that some cars had the odd rattle, but no one would tell me what areas were commonly reported.

When I changed my order from base to SE/test drove the Diesel/ordered mine in Jan I asked for a reassurance that known rattles around the pillars, centre speaker and dash centre should be addressed at the factory. Mine was a new order - yet it still came with rattles.

It was explained to me afterwards that there is a logistical process - potentially faulty items have to be re-manufactured with different tolerances, possibly a complete remanufacture. So it takes several months.

Let's wait and see. I am hopeful they will fix it - these forums and the web are a seriously powerful tool to vent people power. Lets see if Lexus have listened to all of us.

Because there is no excuse (a bit like England tomorrow in the quarters).

PS - like Javeed says - rattles included, I still think that the car is brilliant, but whether some people with problems (me included) buy another Lex again is still a debate...and a personal choice.

Incidentally - one point about rattles - many people will have taken an 06 delivery without any rattles so far - well all I can say is that the temperature plays havoc with the tolerances in the car. So whilst you might think we're all mad, wait until winter! You might be in for a shock!

My Nov. 05 started rattling this week. Heard the rattle behind the satanv. Turned the stereo off for about five miles. Noticed rattle in door / B pillar, squeak in same and squeak to right side of driver seat base. I't in for a service next week at Hanley but I'll book it more local for these rattles as I guess it will take them a while to identify and fix.

My Nov. 05 started rattling this week. Heard the rattle behind the satanv. Turned the stereo off for about five miles. Noticed rattle in door / B pillar, squeak in same and squeak to right side of driver seat base. I't in for a service next week at Hanley but I'll book it more local for these rattles as I guess it will take them a while to identify and fix.

I a pretty sure that as of September these rattles will be sorted They know where the problems are as they are the same in all the cars Well documented and at about 500 quid a go to fix it they will want to get it sorted

alan

Ps I have driven about 5 new cars and only one was 100% quiet although mine ( now back from Lexus woodford) is purfect..so it can be sorted with time and lots of patience