Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

If I Had The Money, I'd Consider Buying...........

kam05

Both seem like a good deal but alarm bells are ringing

How serious is cat D? is it D to A or A to D on the serieous chart?

Sorry Kam05 :offtopic:

the first IS200 i went to look at was a Cat C write off (only found after doing HPI) this was a private sale from Slough through a guy who bought and sold in his spare time.............. :yawn:

When i quizzed him after spending 42.50 on HPI he seemed to be fair very gob smacked and even offered me a lift home it appered he was genuinley worried about my findings :angry: and now 3 months down the line its still in auto trader lying fu :tsktsk: er

anyone intrested in looking

2001 Model X reg metalic red £6750 through Paul Noyce I contacted Auto trader to inform them and they wern't intrested tell your friends if anyone happens to be looking for a IS avoid this one

Cat D can just be car keyed / scratched for example or minor bump.

Cat A total loss

CAT D - Can be repaired, and put straight back on the road

CAT C - Can be repaired, but, needs inspection at a Ministry of Transport Test Centre, and the test will be marked on the log book.

CAT B - Break Only - Car CAN NOT be put back on the road. Has to be broken for spares

CAT A - Car has to be destroyed. Cant even be broken for spares

CAT X or CAT E - Unrecorded.

Just out of curiosity I asked for a picture and whether the work carried out was covered by the bodyshop (stated as Lexus maindealers) for three years?

I got this in reply;

CAT D GS

"I have sent the picture as requested,Warranty im not sure of coz it was done as a cash deal and we're in the trade so we get a massive discount."

Is that plausible? :blink:

You have to watch cars like the IS220d, could have finance on it...you could buy it and then find the finance company are after you as they own the car.

Insist on an HPI check...and caveat that the seller owns any responsibility for any dodgy financial dealing...

Purvesh - get a copy of the reciepts and call the dealer where it was bought from (the parts that is)

Hmmm not so sure about the GS. The number plate on the auction starts with an M but if you look closely the numberplate from that you see on the salvaged car looks like it starts with an A even though it's covered up. Would the repaired car have a different number plate???

Hmmm not so sure about the GS. The number plate on the auction starts with an M but if you look closely the numberplate from that you see on the salvaged car looks like it starts with an A even though it's covered up. Would the repaired car have a different number plate???

Quite Right

1. eBay states 2005 model year

Salvage 2006 model year

(could be a typo)

OR

2. The damaged car could have had cherised plates and was given a new reg after it was fixed.