Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

I'm in the process of Cutting a deal for a real nice looking K plate Ls400. However, I have seen lots of things to look for but only mention of a "checklist"

I've Seen 3 rough cars localy that I wouldn't buy as I have had plenty of experience with older high mileage Cars (lowrider mercs ect), but, this one Sounds sweet.

175k miles, 2nd belt at 150k, 1800quid spent at last Service on new rad, Service and Suspension Parts. 1 owner FSH, Lexus untill 117k .

I,m driving 70 miles to see the Car and hope to Put a deposit on it to secure the deal and Chop it against my Celica.

What I'd love, is to go armed with this elusive "check list" from you guys and ifthe Car is as good as it sounds, Snap it up! :winky:

Going on Wednesday... thanks in advance!

Hi and Welcome to LOC :)

All the info you will ever need is in the LS section,you just have to spend the time to look through it ;)

Good Luck with buying the Car.

Chips..

thanks for the welcome.

Spent the last week trawling around and think I know what to look for but found mention of a list in apost from a Couple of months ago and the newbie replied and Seemed Super chuffed with the "checklist" ...

forum has been v usefull So far thanks to all.

Hi,

Off the top of my head...

Upper ball Joints on the front

Lower ball Joints on the front also check all the rear from wear.

Power steering leaks

Worn front discs,warped etc

Worn Shocks

If youve read everything on this forum,then id say have a good read through the US forum as theres even more info on the cars.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/

Do all your homework now before you buy :) ;) or you will be kicking yourself if you buy the car only to find its going to cost a arm and a leg to put it right.

If like you say the cars had one owner it can be a good thing or a bad thing mind because as the years go by they might not want to spend the money on the car as its worth less and less.

I dont mean to put you off buying the car :) Just go there with your eyes open.

Hope things go well and see you post up some pictures next week of your new car.

Chips..

I .

Hi,

Off the top of my head...

Upper ball Joints on the front

Lower ball Joints on the front also check all the rear from wear.

Power steering leaks

Worn front discs,warped etc

Worn Shocks

If youve read everything on this forum,then id say have a good read through the US forum as theres even more info on the cars.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/

Do all your homework now before you buy :) ;) or you will be kicking yourself if you buy the car only to find its going to cost a arm and a leg to put it right.

If like you say the cars had one owner it can be a good thing or a bad thing mind because as the years go by they might not want to spend the money on the car as its worth less and less.

I dont mean to put you off buying the car :) Just go there with your eyes open.

Hope things go well and see you post up some pictures next week of your new car.

Chips..

Cheers Chips! :winky:

will post a pick if I buy.

Hi all,

I'm in the process of Cutting a deal for a real nice looking K plate Ls400. However, I have seen lots of things to look for but only mention of a "checklist"

I've Seen 3 rough cars localy that I wouldn't buy as I have had plenty of experience with older high mileage Cars (lowrider mercs ect), but, this one Sounds sweet.

175k miles, 2nd belt at 150k, 1800quid spent at last Service on new rad, Service and Suspension Parts. 1 owner FSH, Lexus untill 117k .

I,m driving 70 miles to see the Car and hope to Put a deposit on it to secure the deal and Chop it against my Celica.

What I'd love, is to go armed with this elusive "check list" from you guys and ifthe Car is as good as it sounds, Snap it up! :winky:

Going on Wednesday... thanks in advance!

Hi,

Try this link for a checklist,

Cheers,

Steve.

http://www.apaqdigital.com/ls400/ls400_guide.htm

Read the stuff from the U.S. site Some real good detal thanks to them too!

just need to Pre-Warn my insurance incase I do buy it, the bonus there is my Premium is set, to Come down!

2x the cylinders :D

2X the cc :D

1.4x the power :D

2x the luxury :D

0.7 X the insurance cost ! :D

oh, and 1.5 x the weight :yawn:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links