Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Smart Keyless Entry System (lexus Is)

Hi everybody. :)

I was wondering how does the "SMART ENTRY KEYLESS SYSTEM " exactly work with LEXIS IS? I know that doors are opening even without taking out the key and such, but I was actually wondering if it works the same even when wanna close the car? I guess with MB and their 'key less go' u opened and closed car without taking out the key. Correct me if I am wrong. SO I was curious if it is the same even with "SMART ENRTY KEYLESS SYSTEM".

If u know more info about it I will appreciate if u let me know...

Thank you in advance.

Katarina

Hi everybody. :)

I was wondering how does the "SMART ENTRY KEYLESS SYSTEM " exactly work with LEXIS IS? I know that doors are opening even without taking out the key and such, but I was actually wondering if it works the same even when wanna close the car? I guess with MB and their 'key less go' u opened and closed car without taking out the key. Correct me if I am wrong. SO I was curious if it is the same even with "SMART ENRTY KEYLESS SYSTEM".

If u know more info about it I will appreciate if u let me know...

Thank you in advance.

Katarina

Hi Katerina,

The system is pretty simple (although I have had one fault due to external interference). The fob/smart key is all that's needed for entry and using the car, as the car is always searching for this to see if the user is nearby.

For entry, this works best in the dark!!

As you approach, the car senses your arrival and lights turn on under the wing mirrors to light around the doors. To enter the car all you need to do is put your hand in either of the front door handles, the car senses your hand and the car unlocks.

Or you can press unlock on the key fob!

To start, as long as the key is in the car, press the clutch down until the light in the starter button goes green. Press the starter button and away you go.

To stop, press the starter button again.

To lock the car, shut the doors and simply press the black button which is on the outside of the handle. Or press lock on the key.

It really is simple, as long as your keys are in your pocket it's as easy as - walk up - pull the handle - press the starter and away you go!!

Rich

To lock the car, shut the doors and simply press the black button which is on the outside of the handle. Or press lock on the key.

Or to double lock it (I assume they mean dead lock) press the black door button twice within 2.5 seconds or press the lock button twice within 5 seconds on the remote.

I have also found that if you hold the button for 3 seconds on the remote the car beeps , (also closes the windows if open) I assume that also dead locks it but cannot find anything about it in the handbook.

Or to double lock it (I assume they mean dead lock) press the black door button twice within 2.5 seconds or press the lock button twice within 5 seconds on the remote.

I have also found that if you hold the button for 3 seconds on the remote the car beeps , (also closes the windows if open) I assume that also dead locks it but cannot find anything about it in the handbook.

I have also found that if you hold the button for 3 seconds, it not only close the windows, but also opens the windows!

Javeed

I've actually been locked out twice. Both times I called the RAC but in the end the car opened. weird. one the first occassion i could open the boot but not the doors. both times I'd locked the car centrally as I'd be driving through a dodgy area. I hadn't switched of the engine as I was getting something out the boot and hey presto - sitting next to my car for 45 minutes!

Needless to say I am now a bit more vigilant.