Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Knocking Noise

yemgi

For a week now, I have started to hear a knocking noise on the right front side.

It is happening more and more on road bumps and turns.

I lift the car this morning and noticed this :

frlowarm_1_1.jpg

frlowarm_1_2.jpg

frlowarm_1_3.jpg

frlowarm_1_4.jpg

Can I change just the bearing or do I have to change the whole arm ?

How dangerous is it to drive with this ?

Tanabe chassis braces, rear strut bar, and I used to have front strut bar before I install the supercharger.

I have Hotchkiss sway bars set to the stiffest, KW coilovers set low and stiff (80% of the max).

I have just changed the 2 bars :

frlowarm_1_5.jpg

frlowarm_1_6.jpg

frlowarm_1_7.jpg

frlowarm_1_8.jpg

frlowarm_1_9.jpg

The bush was not dead, just cut on a little part. And the worst is that the knocking nois is still there.

I can't find where it comes from :( I checked both front and rear bushesand none is destroyed.

A friend of mine told me it could be the steering :wacko:, it seemed to happen on renault 21 turbo. I will try to look at that tommorrow if it does not rain

Yes but I was not sure about TRD bushes delivery date and availability and I don't have the tools to take the old bush out :(

I just checked the steering and all is fine.

Hi, is this a loud knocking noise, or a creak ?

I have an issue where my IS300 developed a knock on the front right, the dealer replaced both front shockes... the knocking noise went... but now after 6 months I have a creak... and clicking noises when turning left slowly... from the front right strut. The dealer can't say for definate where the issue lies.

Anyone seen this ?

The noise is quite loud like if something hurts the chassis, it is not a metallic noise.

I rechecked my antiroll bars fixations and all is ok but I have noticed this : the bars have marks and there is some red on the edge of the chassis part. Could it be this ? I can't figure how it can occur, the car is very stiff.

hotchkiss_1_1.jpg

hotchkiss_1_2.jpg

hotchkiss_1_3.jpg

hotchkiss_1_4.jpg

hotchkiss_1_5.jpg

it does look like ARB is touching the under side at points.

try taking it off have a drive about and see if the sounds still there

at least that way your eliminating what it could be making the noise

• 1 month later...

Hello Everybody. I own a 99 IS 200 and have the same knocking, creaking noises mostly when making turns. I am the original owner and noticed the noise some time ago. I wonder if the shocks need to be replaced?

Anybody else?

Greetings from Switzerland.

Cheers

Schumi

Hello Everybody. I own a 99 IS 200 and have the same knocking, creaking noises mostly when making turns. I am the original owner and noticed the noise some time ago. I wonder if the shocks need to be replaced?

Anybody else?

Greetings from Switzerland.

Cheers

Schumi

Hi,

Great user name B)

No i wouldnt say its the shocks,if the ride is floaty and theres a lack of body control,then id say the shocks are on there way out.Id say the problem is as posted above.

Chips..