Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

has any one ever put a after market head unit in a 95 ls400 as i have just gone to wire one in to my one and i can not find the speaker wires i know its the middle pulg as i pulled it out and the sound went off but i can not find what wires go to what speaker

i have tryed to find a wiring adapter but they do not make one for a 95 so its but to the hard way

i have put a meter across all find the lives and earth but not any thing else

please help :D

matt

has any one ever put a after market head unit in a 95 ls400 as i have just gone to wire one in to my one and i can not find the speaker wires i know its the middle pulg as i pulled it out and the sound went off but i can not find what wires go to what speaker

i have tryed to find a wiring adapter but they do not make one for a 95 so its but to the hard way

matt

Hi Matt Syd hear.

Im having the same problem, fitting a temporary radio into my LS400, cannot find speaker wires ether, tried continuity testing to find wire’s; Before I take the door panels of, I wondered if there is a separate amplifier some-ware for the Speakers as on the previous Model’s.

Still looking for a replacement Radio.

Best regards

hi syd

i have done the same as you but i was thinking if there was something it goes into to stop us testing i know its in the middle (white) plug as i pulled it out ans it cut the sound but it was getting hot in the car yesterday so i gave up

might have a go today

matt

hi syd

i have done the same as you but i was thinking if there was something it goes into to stop us testing i know its in the middle (white) plug as i pulled it out ans it cut the sound but it was getting hot in the car yesterday so i gave up

might have a go today

matt

Hi Matt

Had a look at circuits for Mk1 with the CD changer in the boot, there is two separate amplifiers right hand side in the boot. one for main speakers and the other for the Sub-Woofer.

Not yet investigated.

Pictures of my touch screen project, laptop in the boot

matt

Hi,

I'm not sure if mine is the same but does yours have the Premium Sound System installed?

If you look in the boot the amp is mounted on top of the CD changer ( you may have to remove the 1st aid box moulding to see) If is is this type let me know as I have the wiring diagram with the colour codes for the speaker wires.The plug on the head unit you pulled and the sound went off may be the inputs to the amp and not the outputs ( speaker) connections.

cheers,

Steve

matt

Hi,

I'm not sure if mine is the same but does yours have the Premium Sound System installed?

If you look in the boot the amp is mounted on top of the CD changer ( you may have to remove the 1st aid box moulding to see) If is is this type let me know as I have the wiring diagram with the colour codes for the speaker wires.The plug on the head unit you pulled and the sound went off may be the inputs to the amp and not the outputs ( speaker) connections.

cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve

The cd changer in our car's is above the glove box inside the car. from 1995 onwards

Regard Syd

hi syd

might have a go today

matt

Hi Matt; Syd Again

Had all the panel out of the boot, No Amplifier's there.

unless there is something in the CG changer compartment.

Any body out-there know.

hi syd

i am thinking about running new wires to the speakers leaving the other ones there so when i come to sell it i can put it back to stand.

but i have to wait till i get my bike on the road before i do that

but its getting to long now and i want my car computer in

matt

hi syd

i am thinking about running new wires to the speakers leaving the other ones there so when i come to sell it i can put it back to stand.

but i have to wait till i get my bike on the road before i do that

but its getting to long now and i want my car computer in

matt

Hi Matt how's the speaker proble.

Syd

hi there just reading all the replies and so forth

the best way to test if the speakers are to which cable is to put a Battery to the end of the cables (just an AA) you may have to piggy back them to test if they are in a block. you will hear a crackle. i used to fit car audio when i was younger!

i have to what looks like amp units in the back of my stripped out boot what is the one to the lest and what is the one to the right?

mat

Bad idea iv been in electronics for 50 years. to put supply without a limiting resistor in the circuit is a bad idea.

And the unit in the left side of the boot on a M111 is the Lamp failure unit.

Regards Syd

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links